Thursday 17 December 2015

Early review: Wild Cowboy Ways - Carolyn Brown

Allie Logan isn't the type to land a hot hunk of cowboy. Truth is, she's given up on dating since shedding her no-good ex. But the new owner of the most ramshackle ranch in Texas might just change her mind about that. He's six-foot-plus of tall, dark, and charming—the kind of guy who could make a girl throw caution to the wind . . . or the kind of guy who could break her heart.

Blake Dawson hopes he can make Lucky Penny Ranch finally live up to its name, but the property needs a ton of work. Allie and her carpentry skills are his best shot at getting things in order. Besides the fact that her brown eyes and dangerous curves have him roped and tied. Now Blake only needs to convince her that a wild cowboy can be tamed by love—and she's just the one to do it. 

My thoughts:
I like Brown's cowboys. I like the way she writes. I like her small towns. I always want to visit and fall in love with a cowboy of my own. Everyone is nice, even when they are bitchy. And they talk so funny. So duh, when I saw this on on NG I went for it.

Blake is the bad boy cowboy, and he bought a ranch with his brother and cousin (btw which means more books! ;) An unlucky ranch that makes everyone leave.

Allie is the neighbor, and he hires her to fix the house.

There is a grandma on the loose. A sister with an idiot for a fiance. Gossip girls. And a town that needs fixing too in a way.

The road to love is tricky. She does not trust his reputation. He knows what he wants and then they lives happily ever after. Awwww. Just like I remember her books.

Conclusion:
Sweet!

Cover
nice

Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Expected publication: December 22nd 2015 by Forever
Lucky Penny Ranch #1
Contemporary romance
NG

34 comments:

  1. Ah cowboys, it's been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I so wanted this one but man am I behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to read this! Yes to a bad cowboy and a grandma on the loose ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She fix houses? That's sexy and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Grandma on the loose?? lol

    Sounds sweet and fun.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, but sad aspect to that too since she has got some sort of dementia

      Delete
  6. I have this on the blog Monday. I loved it too. Not quite as much as The Wedding Pearls, I really hope you read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this sounds like a charming romance with some unique and fun characters!! I have enjoyed reading Brown...she is perfect to just relax into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I have a SUPER LONG HOLIDAY after this. SuPER LONG

      Delete
  9. I've not done a cowboy yet. HAHAHAHA er, em... I mean that I've not read a cowboy romance. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got it, too. Love her books and I'm glad you thought it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to read this author. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I very rarely read many cowboys romance books I grant you that but I know my nan, a huge avid reader loves them so I think I should take a leaf out of her book! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy them, it's just so, hot haha. Or cowboys are just boring old farmers

      Delete
  13. Day 2 of my 4 day weekend. Sighhhhhs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Must read a cowboy book ... just once :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo Netgalley, so no paper book I can trade you for. Too bad, as this one sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP