Saturday 19 December 2015

#FitReaders Check-In: December 18, 2015 and Lumberjanes

#FitReaders is hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog  and That’s What I’m Talking About.

Join in 

Sun 1.15 h walk and 30 min walk
Mon 30 min walk, 4 km bike
Tue 30 min walk, 4 km bike
Wed 45 min walk, 4 km bike
Thu 30 min walk, 4 km bike
Fri 30 min walk, 4 km bike
Sat 1 h walk

Snow, rain, snow, rain, this sucks. Almost at the darkest time of the year and then a change, yay

............................

Jo, April, Mal, Molly and Ripley are five best pals determined to have an awesome summer together... and they’re not gonna let any insane quest or an array of supernatural critters get in their way!

My thoughts:
I liked the illustrations, they were nice and cool. But, to be honest, I have no idea what happened, it felt confusing, jumpy. The story did not work for me.

Oh great, what a short review.

Ok...5 girls, I can't remember their names. One had a hat, one was cute, one was tall, one street, can't remember the next one. They are girl scouts, they find some weird paranormal stuff, stuff happens.

Anyway, good illustrations. But will not read more.

Paperback, 24 pages
Published April 9th 2014 by Boom! Studios (first published January 1st 2014)
Lumberjanes #1
Graphic novel /paranormal
Library

29 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Love the review. LOL I can see why you picked it up. I love the cover and it would be one that I would be interested in. I don't think I will grab it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather is all over the place, but glad you got your workouts in.

    Sometimes, graphic stories are confusing for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all that walking/biking. So love the look of snow/rain, but I know, when too much of it, not that great in helping getting outdoors. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've only had snow once so far and then a lot of rain. I think that will change soon. Good job on the exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 5 times? And it rained away at once every time

      Delete
  5. SNOW!! it seems like it just thawed there a few months ago lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think that young girls would like the book? My daughter is a Girl Scout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, 5 is hard to keep track of

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your review is entertaining, as always. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you had pictures to entertain you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pics and you always do so well with your walking! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to the days getting longer too. I hope we go without snow this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get snow :/ Cos without it with only 4, 5 hours of light it is so dark

      Delete
  12. I was actually curious about Lumberjanes, it's always popping up on my list of recommendations for comics. I was thinking about picking it up, but maybe I'll buy some of my more higher priority comics first.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it later, it will not go away. For me, dunno, but just messy

      Delete
  13. more snow, always love your snow pics but must make exercising a challenge. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh on the weather. Here's it's 75 degrees...27 degrees...70...30...on and on. Make it stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is even more crazy! We go between 50 and 14

      Delete
  15. I love the woodpecker picture! The comic, not so much.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP