Wednesday 23 December 2015

Immortals After Dark 6,7,9 - Kresley Cole

Cadeon Woede will stop at nothing to atone for the one wrong that will haunt him forever. But once he secures the key to his redemption, the halfling Holly Ashwin, Cade finds that the woman he thought he could use for his own ends and then forget haunts him as much as his past.

A tormented warrior she should fear, but can't deny... 
Raised as a human, Holly never knew that some frightening legends are real until she encounters a brutal demon who inexplicably guards her like a treasure. Thrust into a sensual new world of myth and power, with him as her protector, she begins to crave the demon's wicked touch.

Surrender to dark desires...
Yet just when he earns Holly's trust, will Cade be forced to betray the only woman who can sate his wildest needs -- and claim his heart? 

My thoughts: 
Seems I can still read Cole too...but it was a close one because this is very MY MATE: I will fight for my woman. My woman. Me man you woman.

Cadeon is a 1000 years old, and has not met his Woman. Oh noes. And he is a demon. And he has horns, does the guy on the cove have horns, nope.

Holly loves math, Holly is a nerd. Holly is a virgin. Holly is the one that Cadeon has been looking for.

BUT. Being the chosen mate does not mean they fall madly at love. Sheesh. Will these two ever fall in love? He knows she is his mate, but still when does the love come? How does he just know? And she is all, you may be hot, but you are so annoying.

And I get the thing you can't say, but you are still an asshat.

But hey I liked it. They are idiots. They are amusing and then they lived happily ever after 

Cover
boring

Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published May 20th 2008 by Simon & Schuster
Immortals After Dark #6
Paranormal romance
Library


Sabine, Sorceress of Illusions: the evil beauty who surrenders her body, but not her heart.
Rydstrom Woede: the ruthless warrior who vows to keep her at all costs.

With each smoldering encounter, their shared hunger only increases. If they can defeat the sinister enemy that stands between them, will Sabine make the ultimate sacrifice for her demon? Or will the proud king lay down his crown and arms to save his sorceress? 

My thoughts:
Rydstrom, snark.

This one was...borderline yawn at times. I think my problem was that he spent half the book in a dungeon where she tried to seduce him. So that was pretty boring, since I want action, not "look at me, I am pretty, I am gonna suck your beeeeeeep."

Then there is something else than a dungeon...but the biggest problem was still, this is why I left pnr. They are MATES. But I never feel them fall in love, suddenly they just are.

Meh

Cover
still boring, next one too

Mass Market Paperback, 417 pages
Published January 20th 2009 by Pocket Books
Immortals After Dark #7
Library

Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her -- and those she loves. 

Garreth MacRieve, Prince of the Lykae: the brutal Highland warrior who burns to finally claim this maddeningly sensual creature as his own. 

From the shadows, Garreth has long watched over Lucia. Now, the only way to keep the proud huntress safe from harm is to convince her to accept him as her guardian. To do this, Garreth will ruthlessly exploit Lucia's greatest weakness -- her wanton desire for him. 

My thoughts:
This book was, omg so rapey. Garreth really is a chauvanistic asshole. He was all MATEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Pounce! Ugh, creepy. Just cos she is your mate does not mean you can jump her like that and thinks she will fall for you.

So yes the mate thing, more like instant lust. And yes Lucia felt it too, but the reason why she is all no no is that she got her life back and promised a goddess to be chaste.

Garreth throughout the whole book is all do me do me do me do me! And really does not take no that well. Ugh, really Garreth!

But hey Lucia is no peach either, she is probably the most stupid female alive. Srsl, tell him you can't have sex! Omg just do it! Tell him why! Omg, and then they do it and she is all sad, YES! Cos you did not tell him you stupid cow.

Hmm, maybe you noticed that I hate hate hate hate the premise of the secret that is not told, but could easily have been told on page 1.

Lucia the huntress, HA! Lucia The Fool.

Garreth, the dark prince, more like the Pig. 

Mass Market Paperback, 431 pages
Published February 16th 2010 by Pocket Books
Immortals After Dark #9

30 comments:

  1. I love Cole, but these are not my favorite books in the series for many of the reasons you mentioned. I did not and still don't like Sabine. I love Holly, but I think it was because I was math nerd in high school and college. Lucia is not my favorite Valkyrie. But, you still get Nix in each book and you can't go wrong with her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabine was UGH.
      Holly nerd, yay.
      And yeah Lucia, meh, but Nix is crazy cool.

      My fav book was one I read ages ago ..nr 10?

      Delete
  2. 1) Not his fault he has the whole "my woman" thing going on...he is super duper old.
    2) *yawns*
    3) Sounds better, but still meh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first book and it was meh so I didn't continue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, your reviews always make me laugh XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL the last line. I have read a few books in this series out of order (of course) and need to read more. Glad to know about the last book. :p

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally read out of order too. I started at 10, went back, went forward, went back

      Delete
  6. Heard of these, but haven't read any. the last and him being all rapey sounds frustrating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was just too on, and she did say no, so that was disturbing

      Delete
  7. I love your reviews! They are entertaining :) I haven't read anything by this author yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy holidays!

    I don't think I'll be reading this series soon. Too many books to catch up. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved his book from what I remember. The only one that pushed my rape-ish line was book one. I really had issues with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that one, but do not remember much. MIght also have written a review when I was nicer ;)

      Delete
  10. IMO the best series are the ones you can pick up at any book and at any time, read as many or as few installments as you want and still have a good time, even if there are ups and downs. Happy Holidays! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I love the way you sum up your thoughts. These are very much caveman types and yeah the keeping unnecessary stuff secret drives me bonkers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol I do love these books, mainly because of the humor in it, and the variety of species. And of course Nix! The caveman thing is partly because the men can only have sex with their mate once they find her. Or is that just the vampires?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALl of them, still is that really an excuse to almost rape your beloved cos you are so lusty and just wants her...please try to seduce me or woo me first

      Delete
  13. I've heard lots about this author and her books. Great reviews! The whole rapey aspect is a no no for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read her first book from this series and hated it. It was way too rape-ish for me. I really don't know if I should give her another try or not.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is enough for me. It's the reason why I quit pnr

      Delete
  15. I think #6 or #7 was the last one I read in the series. But I hear the audiobooks are amazing, so I am going to eventually pick it back up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read book 10 first and really liked it but the rest, meh

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP