Friday 18 December 2015

My kind of Wonderful - Jill Shalvis

Bailey Moore has an agenda: skiing in the Rockies, exploring castles in Europe, ballroom dancing in Argentina. Now that she has a second lease on life, she's determined not to miss a thing. What she doesn't realize is that item #1 comes with a six-foot-one ski god hot enough to melt a polar ice cap. She doesn't want to miss out on him either, but Hudson Kincaid isn't the type of guy to love and let go. And as gorgeous as Cedar Ridge is, she's not planning to stick around.

As head of ski patrol at his family's resort, Hud thinks he's seen it all. But never has he run into someone like Bailey. She might look delicate, but her attitude is all firecracker. And her infectious joy touches something deep within him that he's been missing far too long. Now he'll just have to convince Bailey to take a chance on her biggest adventure yet . . . something rare and all kinds of wonderful. 

My thoughts:
Nope, I did not read book 1, and it did not matter. It takes place at the same place and with a new couple so yes on that. But if you want things in order you can read book 1 first.

Bailey has been in and out of hospitals for the last 10 years, but now she might just be free of it. She was stubborn, nice and wanted to live. What is there not to like?

Hudson is one of those guys with a chip on his shoulder. His misses his brother that he has not seen for ages (long story). The resort is not doing well (are they ever). His mum is not doing well and his siblings are all over the place. But as for how he was...stubborn (not in the good way), goodhearted and stubborn ;)

They argue, they argue, he gives in and they fall in love. And they live happily ever after. But hey first there is drama. She is just there for a short time and then she will leave. Can he just relax and let her in? So after all the will they wont they there will be passions and HEA.

Conclusion:
Sweet.

cover
that must be cold

Kindle Edition, 368 pages
Expected publication: December 22nd 2015 by Grand Central Publishing
Cedar Ridge #2
Contemporary romance
Netgalley

38 comments:

  1. I read the first book and loved it. I have this one from Netgalley, too. Eventually I will get around to reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep saying I am going to read this author. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book one was really good too :) I can't wait for the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear it was a happy ending

    ReplyDelete
  5. That boy needs a coat. Its cold!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's probably in thermals. :)

    I love the sound of this one. Sounds perfect for right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They argue and he gave in. Sounds like she wore him down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. psst..I haven't read this author Linda..i need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No kidding, that's all he wears to ski? Maybe it's one of those state of the art thermal shirts.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! He was stubborn, huh? It does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard great things about this author but I haven't tried a book by her yet. I should!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked the first book and will put this on my list. Shalvis is always a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently just listened to my first Jill Shalvis book and enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've yet to try Jill Shalvis. I don't read many contemporary romances, but this does sound cute. DH is a skier, snowboarder, plus I snowboard too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! That must be cold! I am a fan of Jill Shalvis & plan to read this one! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not fond of the cover, tbh. But I do love this author!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Jill Shalvis, love the Animal Magnetism series. Haven't started this one yet but it's on my list. That cover is kind of dorky lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I sure hope the HEA involves that he goes with her while she does everything she wants to!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP