Wednesday 9 December 2015

Saga Vol 3 - Brian K.Vaughan, Fiona Staples

From the Hugo Award-winning duo of Brian K. Vaughan (The Private Eye, Y: The Last Man) and Fiona Staples (North 40, Red Sonja), Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the universe. Searching for their literary hero, new parents Marko and Alana travel to a cosmic lighthouse on the planet Quietus, while the couple's multiple pursuers finally close in on their targets.

Collects issues 13-18.

My thoughts:
I am confused now, did I read vol 2? And now when I search in the library catalog I can not even find this one! *headdesk* But it did not feel like I missed anything. I remember that space ship, and they were still in it...oh well.

Two star crossed lovers being hunted across space. And they have a baby to protect.

I always say it, but I cannot review graphic novels...what should I say? They are short, they can be read fast. Yes stuff happens, but but.

Story: They meet an author. They try to live as normally as always. Good.

Illustration: Yes, that part I find the most important. I really like the illustrations. They are awesome. Really really well made.

Conclusion:
Good. But I really need to try to check at the library if I have read vol2 ;)

Cover
Great

Paperback, 1st edition, 144 pages
Published March 25th 2014 by Image Comics (first published March 19th 2014)
Saga, Volume 3
Graphic novel, sci.fi
Library


37 comments:

  1. I've only dabbled in graphic novels so far. Sometimes they work for me but other times they don't flow naturally and I struggle.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, for me the illustrations need to catch my interest

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed... I can imagine it is hard to review graphic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe search your reviews here and on GRs to see?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh! I think I'll read this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when I can't remember if I read a book or I just forgot it. That's why I love Goodreads! Although sometimes I question it when it says I read it but I really have no clue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But what if I forgot to put it on GR..eeeek

      Delete
  6. I always hate when I have memory lapses when reading sequels. At least the illustrations were awesome, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ahhhh that makes a girl's eye twitch not being able to remember like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does not feel like I lost anything in between...or did I

      Delete
  8. I just wish I could search for it at the library but nope, so weird

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol. It's such a short, fast read, I'm sure you'll be able to read (or reread) Vol. 2. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they have it, but something is wrong with the database

      Delete
  10. Oh, I have this series on my wish list. Hope you figure out if you read v. 2 or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great series. Reminds me, I still have to read the latest volume which has been sitting on my nightstand for months!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have to take a trip to the library and ASK if they have book 2, cos dunno what is wrong with their stupid data

      Delete
  12. I love this series! Along with the Lou series by Julien Neel and Ben Hatke's Zita the Spacegirl books this is one of my favorite graphic novel series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lou is just so much fun, it is about a young teenage girl and her single author mum(she writes science fiction). Just a hilarious series in my opinion. Ben Hatke's three books about Zita is for everyone, really. So many wonderful creatures, great adventures and unforgettable friendships are forged in that series - it just makes you believe in the good in people.

      Delete
    2. Ohh, I like the sound of that :D Especially since the mum writes sci.fi

      Delete
    3. The mum is a bit of a crazy mum, in a fun way. She definitely does not care about social conventions when it comes to being a lady ;)

      Delete
  13. I sometimes forget too! It happens not just with books, but also TV series (I never know which season I'm on...) It's nice that you didn't feel like were missing anything - I hate feeling that kind of confusion. Great review, Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It makes me twitchy when I am not sure if I missed something.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, graphic novels need to have good graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is why I do all my graphic novel reviews as a group once a month. Then I don't have to say a lot about each one. Sometimes it's hard to come up with more than "loved it".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! So that is why you do it! Now I know

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP