Monday 14 December 2015

Then came you - Lisa Kleypas

Reckless, wild, and beautiful, Lily Lawson delights in shocking proper London society -- and now she is determined to rescue her sister from an unwanted impending marriage to the notorious Alex, Lord Raiford, by fair means or foul. But while she succeeds outrageously, Alex is a master gamesman who is not to be undone.

Alex has lost one bride, yet he is enchanted by this remarkable lady who is willing to break any rule to flaunt her independence. When Lily offers him only scorn, he counters with kindness, and he parries her blistering barbs with gentle words and a soft, tender touch. The spirited miss will pay dearly for her interference -- with her body, her soul, and her stubborn, unyielding heart. But will Alex's own heart be the prize to be won in this sensuous game of love? 

My thoughts:
This book...omg, what a heroine. Yes I liked reading about her, but would I want to be friends with her? Gods no. She was exhausting! A hurricane by the name Lily.

Lily does not give a damn. If she wants to jump in the river she does so. She lives on her own thanks to her aunt's money. Her family does not speak of her and every man wants her. A whirlwind that speaks her man, hunts and gambles like a man. And now she must rescue her sister from a loveless marriage.

Well duh, we all know she and Alex will fall madly in love. But the road there is long. First she needs her sister to get some courage and not enter a loveless marriage. Then she must stop Alex from wringing her neck. And then she must stop herself from falling in love with him.

Seems Alex really needed a whirlwind and not a doormat.

Were we supposed to feel sorry for her? Sure I did. But there are better ways to go about that thing I shall not spoil. It did make me see why she was like she was, but she would be like that anyway.

She sure was one of a kind.

Cover
boring

Paperback, 371 pages
Published June 1993 by Avon Books, an imprint of HarperCollins
The Gamblers #1
Historical romance
Library

28 comments:

  1. I read one of her books for my book club and it was too predictable for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kleypas except for that magic realism series she did.

    PS, you missed the N on your title

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover is really bleh but I think I might pick this one up. Nice review.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does sound like a whirlwind. Whew. I've not tried Kleypas yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such an old-school boring romance cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this author even though I have seen her around the blogosphere. Sounds like the heroine makes this read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds exhausting but entertaining! :) I so need to read more of this author's work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry predictable but she does sound like one of a kind

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not quite in the mood for a whirlwind at the moment. She sounds exhausting even though these types of heroines have appeal when I'm in the right mood. When I try this author, I think I'll start with her Wallflower series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it's so much fun to have a heroine like that! I love that! I need to try the author!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so right, sometimes being friends with these spirited heroines would be more effort than it's worth! Fun to read about them, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP