Wednesday 2 December 2015

The Christmas Wager - Delilah Marvelle

A mysterious key to an attic that cannot be found...
A ghost with good but overly ambitious intentions...
And a forgotten wager that is about to turn Miss Barrington's life into a holiday mess.

London, England - Winter of 1860
When all the ladies of London realize that handsome and refined gentleman, the Duke of Ainsley, is formally looking for a wife, only weeks before Christmas, a mad dash to claim him begin! s. Miss Barrington knows her chances with the duke are incredibly good given what her close gypsy friend had once foretold, but a forgotten wager with her greatest nemesis, American millionaire, Mr. Redstone, is about to bring on complications and...chaos.

Will she claim the dashing and respectable duke once foretold by the stars? Or will she fall for Mr. Redstone and go against destiny? Only the days leading up to Christmas will tell! 

My thoughts:
I did not expect it, but yes there is a paranormal aspect. I just thought it was one of those is magic real or not books. Nope, it is real here.

The book takes place at two points in Felicity's life. First at 16 when she is taken from her Foundling Home. She has an uncle! She has a hot young neighbor! And before all this her bestie tells her she will marry a Duke, because gypsies know these things. That is where the magic comes on. Seems the gypsie does know.

The next part of the book is 6 years later. Felicity has a Duke on the hook and is just waiting for that proposal. But she can't forget Maxwell, her neighbor, that hot arrogant neighbor.

Oh and then there is her mother's ghost and a  mysterious key. And yes the ghost is real, and the secrets are juicy.

Romance, drama, and a lot of bickering between these two lovers.

Cover
Too toxic

Kindle Edition, 265 pages
Published December 1st 2015 by Delilah Marvelle Productions, LLC
A Happy Christmas #1
Historical romance
NG

35 comments:

  1. Ooo I like that there's a paranormal aspect to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little paranormal holiday romance sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah a historical christmas book with gypsies magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dude on the cover gives me the creeps. I like the sound of the ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say marry the Duke and take the neighbor as a lover ;) But I am bad influence. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I think you'd like it then

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love paranormal aspects in historical romantic genre. Yea, this might make my holiday read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes it might be the perfect one then

      Delete
  8. She looks like she'd rather be anywhere other than that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol. Too toxic? What does that mean? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing, just that green madness over them

      Delete
  10. I like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, yes, I do believe you introduced me to another read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a bickering hero and heroine. And ooo a Christmas ghost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so the best! The back and forth, insults, that are not insults cos they love each other, awww

      Delete
  13. oh this sounds like a fun read!! I love paranormal aspects in historical's. Always a bit more flair to them. Great review here....you have my interests piqued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like it, I just prefer them without it. Here it worked cos craziness is going on for sure

      Delete
  14. I wouldn't have expected the paranormal part there but it's nice and I haven't seen a lot of gypsies in HR, so I'm quote curious about that fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time was a harlequin, 20 years ago ha. Ok a mention here and there later on, but not like that book

      Delete
  15. I'm not a big fan of paranormal but if it works I guess its good :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like when there is a little paranormal mixed into historical. This one sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I surprised about the paranormal element!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nope ... can't get past that awful cover ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP