Monday 21 December 2015

The lost Duke of Wyndham - Julia Quinn

Jack Audley has been a highwayman. A soldier. And he has always been a rogue. What he is not, and never wanted to be, is a peer of the realm, responsible for an ancient heritage and the livelihood of hundreds. But when he is recognized as the long-lost son of the House of Wyndham, his carefree life is over. And if his birth proves to be legitimate, then he will find himself with the one title he never wanted: Duke of Wyndham.

Grace Eversleigh has spent the last five years toiling as the companion to the dowager Duchess of Wyndham. It is a thankless job, with very little break from the routine... until Jack Audley lands in her life, all rakish smiles and debonair charm. He is not a man who takes no for an answer, and when she is in his arms, she's not a woman who wants to say no. But if he is the true duke, then he is the one man she can never have... 

My thoughts:
I found a Quinn at my library and was all whaaaat? To be fair it was not MY library, but this smaller one in town, and I have not visited that library in 4 years since it's not that close. And how could I ever think of looking for Quinn in the library catalog online? (I borrowed 11 books from that library ;) Had many WOW feelings)

Oh, I should talk about the book? But the road there was so good. Best day ever. What hidden gems I found.

Jack is a highwayman when he meets Grace and the Dowager Duchess of Wyndham. Oh oh Jack is the spitting image of her son. Lost Duke found.

But, there is already a Duke, Thomas! I felt sorry for him, since Jack did not want this at all.

Jack was witty, teased a lot (a bit too much to be honest). But he had heart, and soul.

Grace was a but of a mouse in Jack's shadow, but they will fit each other well.

And I do wonder about Amelia and Thomas......the woman who is meant to marry the Duke, but if Thomas is not the Duke...

Oh and the Duchess is a bitch!

Conclusion:
Nice.

Paperback, 371 pages
Published May 27th 2008 by Avon
Two Dukes of Wyndham #1
Historical romance
Library

19 comments:

  1. Oh, look, it's Nathan Kamp on the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like i read this one...sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great you found this book at the little library. It sounds like something I could like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet! I need to read more of her works. I haven't read this one yet. YaY! to libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like some good teasing in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the next time I go to the thrift shop, I'll be looking for historical romances from this author!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would have a similar experience at the library. It's been so long.

    This one sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love those experiences, I hope you have one soon too

      Delete
  8. I've not read nearly enough Julia Quinn. I've had this one on my list for years since I'm a sucker for rogues. I think it's time to bump it up to the top.

    Simply Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like her books, the, oh I can't remember the names, I suck at those

      Delete
  9. I think I do have this one, I just haven't read any of her books yet. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP