Monday 7 December 2015

Wicked Intentions - Elizabeth Hoyt

Infamous for his wild, sensual needs, Lazarus Huntington, Lord Caire, is searching for a savage killer in St. Giles, London's most notorious slum. Widowed Temperance Dews knows St. Giles like the back of her hand— she's spent a lifetime caring for its inhabitants at the foundling home her family established. Now that home is at risk.

Caire makes a simple offer—in return for Temperance's help navigating the perilous alleys of St. Giles, he will introduce her to London's high society so that she can find a benefactor for the home. But Temperance may not be the innocent she seems, and what begins as cold calculation soon falls prey to a passion that neither can control—one that may well destroy them both.

A bargain neither could refuse. 

My thoughts:
I must say, 18th century Ton is not so Tonish. Yes they are still so TON, but at the same time not. It does show that it is another era.

Here we have hardworking Temperance. Oh that woman, she needed some fun didn't she. She is all, must take care of the Foundling Home! And never a minute for herself.


Lazarus was all I must find my mistress' murderer! He is also all, do not touch me. Why? I never really got that. Anyway, he thinks Temp can help so they form an unholy alliance.

And they fall wickedly in lust with each other. The foundling home gets saved and the murderer found.

I have actually read book 8 in this series, and that one did work as a stand alone. So...yup.

Oh and I must mention, the sidestory with Silence, ok I get that she is getting a book but it was just weird when it suddenly jumped to her and I was all what?

Cover
Nice

Mass Market Paperback, 382 pages
Published August 1st 2010 by Grand Central Publishing
Maiden Lane #1
Historical romance
Library

37 comments:

  1. Interesting names... Virtues (?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy this series! I've bounced around in it as well though, I've read all out of order:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's switch workweeks to 2 days and weekends to 5...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess he got over the murdered mistress lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was 2 months ago and he was not in love with her

      Delete
  6. Sounds interesting, and its good to know you could jump in on book 8.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching them fall in love sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read one book in this series and loved it, not sure why I never read any follow ups or backtracked, guess not enough time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, so many series that I am reading

      Delete
  9. Hm... now you have me curious with your mysterious review. :) I need to check out this series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. he moved on fast, eh? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to start this series. I've heard good things about.
    I didn't realize the time period.
    Love that there is a mystery to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of these, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's nice that we can read apart of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh I just loved this one and this series is so entertaining. I liked the cover too...it really relates with the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers does work well with the book, not many do

      Delete
  15. I need to read the early ones in this series. I came in about halfway through.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I have it on my kindle but not sure when I'll get around to reading it. I've enjoyed this author's previous books but not sure I can catch up on the series so it's good to know books can stand on their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catching up can be so hard! That is sure why I love just jumping in all over the place

      Delete
  17. Back when the Ton wasn't as Ton-ish? lol Oooh that damn Ton. Can never please them.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP