Sunday 24 January 2016

Carole's Sunday Review: Tiny Glitches - Rebecca Chastain



Author: Rebecca Chastain

Title: Tiny Glitches
Genre: Paranormal Romance & Fantasy
Pages: ebook
First Published: Janurary 2016
Where I Got It: My shelf (Given to me by the author/publisher for my honest and unbiased opinion) 


Life isn’t exactly normal for Eva Parker: the stronger Eva’s emotions, the faster nearby electrical devices die. Eva can’t have a cell phone, use a computer, or be in a car for more than a few minutes without killing it. Dealing with her electricity-killing curse makes living in modern-day Los Angeles complicated enough for Eva—and that was before she was blackmailed into hiding a stolen baby elephant and partnered with Hudson, a sexy electrical engineer Eva just met. 

Dodging repeated attempts on her life made by ruthless corporations hunting the elephant is easier for Eva than quelling her growing affection for Hudson, and while protecting an elephant is hard, controlling her curse is a lot harder. However, Eva must do both, because if she lets her emotions free and falls in love with Hudson, neither of them will survive. 


This is my third book by the author and I want more! I utterly enjoy the writing style and the voice the author uses in her stories. Even though her stores deal in the paranormal/supernatural world, it feel real and I connect with every character. 


I really liked the Eva, the heroine, even though I wanted to kick her! Duh Hudson really, really likes you you daft girl! Would he be at ALL helping you with the whole elephant fiasco if he didn't? I do feel bad that he IS an electrical engineer and she is an electrician's worst nightmare - someone who drains electricity. Poor girl. Living in the modern world and having this curse makes every day life harder then hell. Girl can't even drive, because she kills cars! 


There was SO much craziness happening at every turn. Sometimes I felt overwhelmed by everything and I would have to step away. There was barely only moments of calm. The only calm before the onslaught of craziness was when they went to Eva's aunt's house at the beginning. From there it felt nonstop. It seemed unreal. It was fun, don't get me wrong, just over-the-top and hard to believe that Hudson stuck around.


Speaking of Hudson...I had mixed feelings about him. Great guy, but I was meh. He seemed to perfect to me. 

Ooooh the ending. It was good and made me happy (I was really upset about what I thought had happened, but the last chapter cleared everything up for me). It seemed like a stretch, but I'm happy with it :D. 

But yes, this was a cute and fun story. I loved the uniqueness of the story, situations, and the characters - especially for Eva and her sad curse. I would be a hot mess if I had to deal with that. I highly recommend it to people who need a lighter story with some laughs, craziness at every turn, and fun characters. In the end, I shall stamp this with....mmmm...3 stars. 




9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good get away even if the dude is so perfect he's boring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a too perfect guy can be boring. What a terrible curse she had!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny situation with him being an electrical engineer and her exploding anything electrical. And the elephant caper? Sounds like a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I need to know about this elephant situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's nice to have something different but after that I don't know

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of Eva and her crazy world! But like you if a book-guy is too perfect I can find myself thinking 'bland, bland, boring!'. I'm hard to please that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it looks fun, I'm adding it to my list, thanks for sharing :D !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love a bit of craziness in my stories!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP