Sunday 3 January 2016

Carole's Sunday review: Forever Hers - Caroline Carirn


Author: Caroline Cairn
Title: Forever Hers (Spirits of Saoradh #1)
Genre: Paranormal Romance & Fantasy
Pages: ebook
First Published: November 2015
Where I Got It: My shelf (Given to me by the author/publisher for an honest and unbiased opinion)


Feisty twenty-four year old Holly, or Miss Greedy as her friends call her, receives a wooden cube as a gift from an enigmatic elderly lady who happens to be her mother’s new neighbor in Lossiemouth, a small Scottish fishing town.



What she doesn’t expect, is for the cube to contain Blayne, a Spirit of Saoradh only she can see and touch. Blayne is a playful, headstrong ghost with no recollection of his human past and an ability to grant Holly’s wishes whenever she calls for him — as long as said wishes don’t raise any questions from the public that is. So a shiny new car might be out of the question, but the possibility of a flat stomach, a consistently spotless house or a perfect daily hairstyle more than make up for it.



Through their incessant banter, Holly and Blayne grow closer while fighting against their mutual attraction since they have no possible future together.



But when the painful reality of Blayne’s existence is revealed, Holly will realize that it’s not always the girl who needs to be saved.





What a good way to start the new year!! This was such a good book!! I expected I'd like it, but not as much as I did. I literally got this done after two sessions (the first time I had to go back to work - boo!).


Holly is given an amazing gift after her kindly neighbor passes away: a "genie". However, this is no a-typical "genie". He is technically a spirit who is being punished for his past life, they are bonded for life (unlimited wishes!), he is hot, he is not the only one, and he needs to be saved.



Poor Blayne...poor Holly. They both had some major rough patches and they certainly needed each other to move past their past. Especially Blayne. 



I really did love this concept and the characters. At first I wasn't a huge fan of Blayne, but he certainly did make me warm up to him. I think Holly felt the same way. It wasn't insta-love, which I'm glad for. Yes, there was some lust there, but the love took some time to grow. Good...because both parties had some major issues to deal with, so love wasn't on the top of their to-do lists. 



My only issue with the book was the format of the switching POVs. Sometimes I didn't expect it and it would confuse me. Other then that, I adored this book. 



In the end, I highly recommend this book to those that like PNRs or need something different on their list. I liked the characters, the story was unique, I could hardly put it down, and the ending was good. There were a couple parts that confused me, because the POV change just randomly happened mid paragraph. When is the next book coming out in the series?? So excited! Out of five stars, I stamp this with....mmmmmm.....ummmm....5 stars. 







7 comments:

  1. This book sounds quite unique and interesting, the characters sound great! I;m pleased you enjoyed this.

    A great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the genie and the wishes concept and even that he is trapped and needs her help. Glad it was even better than anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great when you have a book better than you thought at first. This one sounds really well done and like you said, nice to start the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man, I want my very own Blayne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beginning the year with a 5-star read is not bad at all! Yay for genie and wishes - such a fun concept, right? Happy New Year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds very different, the setting alone! Adding it to my wishlist. Thanks Carole :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP