Tuesday 26 January 2016

Dark Ascension - M.L.Brennan

After a lifetime of avoiding his family, Fort has discovered that working for them isn’t half bad—even if his mother, Madeline, is a terrifying, murderous vampire. His newfound career has given him a purpose and a paycheck and has even helped him get his partner, foxy kitsune Suzume, to agree to be his girlfriend. All in all, things are looking up.

Only, just as Fort is getting comfortable managing a supernatural empire that stretches from New Jersey to Ontario, Madeline’s health starts failing, throwing Fort into the middle of an uncomfortable and dangerous battle for succession. His older sister, Prudence, is determined to take over the territory. But Fort isn’t the only one wary of her sociopathic tendencies, and allies, old and new, are turning to him to keep Prudence from gaining power.

Now, as Fort fights against his impending transition into vampire adulthood, he must also battle to keep Prudence from destroying their mother’s kingdom—before she takes him down with it....

My thoughts:
Is this the last book, is it??? *goes to stalk Brennan's page*
Omg, there is no word! Nooooo! The books are there, but *sadness* It's not the first time a publisher has axed a series. I just felt more could be done in this world...

Because, his mum is dying. His sister is a sociopath, his brother is too nice at times. There is that whole empire to deal with. And he still is not a true vampire.

Story, we meet the bears again. There are a few succubi to be dealt with. His romance with Suzume is going well (she is really cool btw).

And dang, srsl? Why is ROC thinking, they should def publish more. Sure it did not live up to the awesome of book 1, but it was still good. And made me want more.

Cover
nice

Mass Market Paperback, 308 pages
Published August 4th 2015 by Roc
Generation V #4
Urban fantasy
Own

40 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate it when a series gets dropped incomplete. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you at least get some closure with this book?

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. I just wish there were more books, they were meant to be written

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hate it when a series ends without real closure or when it still has a lot of potential!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOOOO! I hate when series end and it still has LOTS of potential still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks! At least let the author finish the series well before pulling the plug. It's like having sex without an orgasm

    ReplyDelete
  7. What no more? That is terrible pulling the plug on a series before it's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author has two books planned, but the pub said no

      Delete
  8. it can always be disappointing when a story doesn't have the closure that it needs to have. I definitely need to try this author out sometime though and see what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah this is the last book - I think ML confirmed it. I'm so sad! But I thought it was a good ending. I actually cried when M died even though she's not exactly the nicest character :(

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read that ML wanted 2 more, but...those look unlikely. Sigh

      I did wonder about that! You said in your review that you cried and I was all for whom? But yes it was sad

      Delete
  10. I hate when a series gets cut early. Maybe he'll self publish them. This is a series I want to try, but haven't started yet.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man. That sucks! It's a cruel and unusual punishment! Hopefully, the author will publish the books independently.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is it?! I thought there would be at least six books! I guess we can only hope she'll decide to self publish them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what Brennan wants, but not the publisher

      Delete
  13. Maybe the series will go independent or find a new publisher. I have this one on the list for future reads. I'm glad it is good enough that you are mourning it instead of hoping for the end, but not if there is some story left to tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still has an ending so you can still read these 4, but it is a quick one and more is obvious to come

      Delete
  14. oh yes I just love the feeling and I totally get the feeling

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's just mean. Maybe he'll self publish or something.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope they change their minds and publish more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds good and great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw hopefully they'll give in and do more :) Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to read this series. But now... knowing that the last two books may not ever get published... I don't know if I want to torture myself!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Publishers have done this to me on several series I've read. It really pisses me off. Sorry they did it with this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the author will self publish in the end

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP