Tuesday 5 January 2016

The fire prince - Emily Gee

The fugitive Osgaardan prince, Harkeld, is that man—whether he likes it or not. But the bounty on Harkeld’s head is high. He has outrun his father’s soldiers, but he can’t outrun the assassins who seek him—Fithians, trained in the art of killing. Even the Sentinel mages who guide and guard him are no match for Fithian steel. Faced with the ever-present threat of death, Harkeld must learn to use his fire magic. Or die.

Meanwhile, dark plots are unfolding in Osgaard’s gold-tiled palace, snaring Princess Brigitta and those she loves. And in the eastern kingdoms, young orphan Jaumé journeys with a band of mysterious and dangerous fighters, heading north for a purpose he does not understand.

My thoughts:
This is a complicated book, not the book itself, oh no, that is simple, but how I like it. Why do I even like it? I think it's because I could read it fast, it was simple and just pure escapism. No need for my brain to get involved. Cos the history, meh, the characters, meh. See my dilemma?

Harkeld is quite the arrogant piece of shite isn't he? They are trying to help you! Gods, you really can be an asshole!

Right, he is with the witches trying to save the world. One of them Innis, has the hots for him. Innis, well I liked her, but she was a bit too interested in him

Then we have the kid Jaume *yawns* boring

Then it jumps to Brigitte's chapters, which totally was the best ones. She has an evil brother, an evil kingdom and there is danger there.

All while people die like flies. I mean come on. You guys are supposed to be good! Not die and die and die and die.

Conclusion:
And still I read on, and will read the last one. Go figure. 

Cover
he is hot

Mass Market Paperback, 559 pages
Published August 27th 2014 by Solaris
The Cursed Kingdoms #2
Fantasy
own

36 comments:

  1. Agreed about the cover guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I want to read a book where everyone dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A POS for a hero and people dying like flies? Now that grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do not know why I like it, I just do

      Delete
  4. Okay so you like it! I have read one of her books, it was different, and kind of good. Dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least there's a redeeming factor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just picked up the first book in ebook for free. I love the sounds of this series and look forward to getting to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes these light reads are perfect..yeah he is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes there's just no logical reason why a book grabs one. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the next one will be good too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure how I feel about all the dying, but man I really like that cover. :) glad you enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure this one would be for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol why do you keep on reading then?

    ReplyDelete
  13. not sure about all the deaths

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I just recently heard of Emily Gee and now I don't remember where! I might have seen the first book on Solaris' site or something. I'll wait to see what you think of the last one since you will finish. I don't mind pure escapism.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had The Sentinel Mage for a few years now, but haven't read it. It's part of my TBR Pile that I want to read this year. Sorry this sequel is less than stellar, but it's good that you will keep reading the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book was no better, but I still read on ;)

      Delete
  16. Sometimes a quick, easy read is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP