Thursday 28 January 2016

White trash zombie gone wild - Diana Rowland

Angel Crawford has buried her loser past and is cruising along in undead high gear--that is, until a murder-by-decapitation sends her on a hazardous detour. As Angel hunts for the killer, she uncovers a scheme that would expose zombies to the public and destroy the life she's built, and she's determined not to rest until she finds out who's behind it.

Soon she's neck-deep in lies, redneck intrigue, zombie hunters, and rot-sniffing cadaver dogs. It's up to her to unravel the truth and snuff out the conspiracy before the existence of zombies makes headline news and she's outed as a monster.

But Angel hasn't quite escaped the pill-popping ghosts of her past--not with an illicit zombie pharmaceutical at her fingertips. Good thing she's absolutely sure she can handle the drug's unpredictable side effects and still take down the bad guys...or maybe she's only one bad choice away from being dead meat--for real this time.

My thoughts:
I should check the review of book 4, but I remember being disappointed (with book 3 too?) I just remember this feeling of maybe calling it quits. But here Angel is back on top and being awesome!

Zombiefest is coming to town! Time to party. 

She has her hands full as always. With school, with her job at the coroner's office, with her other job at the secret lab for zombies (where she got addicted to a new drug). That last being bad. Oh and there is a murder to solve. And are zombies about to get exposed?

Marcus seems to be out of the picture. Why is she hanging out with her looser ex? I like that her dad is nice again though. 

Conclusion:
Action, a bit of rotting and zombie drama. I enjoyed it.

Cover
Cool

Mass Market Paperback, 325 pages
Published October 6th 2015 by DAW
White Trash Zombie #5
Urban fantasy
Own

35 comments:

  1. Zombies are definitely not my thing, they terrify me, but since this is clearly a humorous series, it think it would work much better for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! I get nightmares, but she is fun

      Delete
  2. Kuddos to you pushing through even though the last couple have been meh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! It's rare that a series rebounds.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am catching up on this series. I read book three in the fall, and still need to read four. Glad to hear that this one gets the groove back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should check when the next one is due, might take a while

      Delete
  5. Good to hear that it was enjoyable again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the whole series for my library. For the readers, of course, and for the exhibition about zombies coming this fall, absolutely - not for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I have been curious about this one...and I like that it has a lighter tone to the whole Zombie theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I enjoyed first two books I didn't read 3rd book and I'm not sure I'll read this one. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't like that she was hanging out with her looser ex either. I thought this one was better than the previous one too.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a bump in the road and it made it over.

      But the ex, whyyyyyy

      Delete
  10. Oh I didn't know you read this series. It's one that I'd like to start, but it's hard finding the time for another series. Though, I do remember first learning of this latest book and thinking, "Whoa, that's some trippy cover there!"

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started it cos I liked her demon series, but I do prefer her demon one :)

      Delete
  11. Just read Kimberly's review and now yours. Glad it was a comeback of goodness for you. I need to start this series soon-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really curious about this series. I like the freaky covers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just can't bring myself to read these books. The covers creep me out too much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perhaps one of the weirdest story arches and covers I've ever encountered in a while. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always such a relief when you give a series a second chance and it turns out to be worth it. Angel sounds hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was still a nice previous book, but yeah it lacked that awesomeness

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP