Wednesday 3 February 2016

Extreme Honor - Piper J.Drake

David Cruz is good at two things: war and training dogs. The ex-soldier's toughest case is Atlas, a Belgian Malinois whose handler died in combat. Nobody at Hope's Crossing kennel can break through the animal's grief. That is, until dog whisperer Evelyn Jones walks into the facility . . . and into Atlas's heart. David hates to admit that the curvy blonde's mesmerizing effect isn't limited to canines. But when Lyn's work with Atlas puts her in danger, David will do anything to protect her.

Lyn realizes that David's own battle scars make him uniquely qualified for his job as a trainer. Tough as nails yet gentle when it counts, he's gotten closer to Atlas than anyone else-and he's willing to put his hard-wired suspicion aside to let her do the same. But someone desperate enough to kill doesn't want Lyn working with Atlas. Now only teamwork, trust, and courage can save two troubled hearts and the dog who loves them both . . .

My thoughts:
To be honest, I do not even like dogs. They are scary, they little ones always bark at me, trust me, I meet one in the street and it will bark at me and not the next person. The bigger ones do not but those are just scary on their own. Childhood being chased trauma.

Anyway, reading about dogs is another matter. I really liked Atlas, poor guy had PTSD after his handler had died in battle. And now David is trying to make Atlas feel like himself again. He was such good dog. I really liked the ending for him too.

And there is a romance too, but most important was Atlas' happiness. But fine let's talk romance too. Lynn comes to help David with Atlas. Sparks fly, but oh no! Someone seems to be after Lynn, why? It gets suspenseful and then everyone lives happily ever after.

I really should read more romantic suspense, it can be a nice change of pace. And books with animals are always special. I really felt for poor Atlas.

Conclusion:
Good one. 

Cover
ok

Kindle Edition, 336 pages
Published January 26th 2016 by Forever
True Heroes #1
Romantic suspense
NG

36 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts and review. So dogs aren't your thing, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a dog person through and through, so this is definitely the book for me! I'm glad that despite not loving dogs you enjoyed Atlas's story:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like any story involving dogs and Atlas will do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasp* You don't like dogs??

    Well thanks for giving Atlas a chance lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love Atlas. I am terrible though, I hate reading anything where an animal is harmed or dies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, give me a movie like that and I will cry

      Delete
  6. Love romantic suspense and ones with animals that have PTSD, a big yes to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, this one has me written all over it. Btw, you made my dogs sad that you didn't like them. Oh look... you made the big boy wimper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a dog lover. I've live pretty much my entire life with a dog. They are my children. I love the sounds of this story. I'll have to see if I can get this on audio, or how the narrator sounds. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats!! :) I can't shake this fear of dogs

      I do hope they have a good narrator

      Delete
  9. Another dog book? You are on a roll!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what...I am reading another one now ;)

      Delete
  10. Oh, that is funny about you not liking dogs in RL, but okay with Atlas in the story. I've already got my eye on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what it is about this book that makes me want to download a copy asap. Must be the traumatized puppy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love dogs myself so I confess that I'm quite curious too and it's not a topic we usually see

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love dogs but those little ones can be nasty mean. ::shudder:: I loved Atlas in this one too <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pssssttt, the guy on the cover is scarier than the dog, lol ! But I love a good romantic suspense ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Meh.
    BTW - I hope nothing happens to the doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh glad to hear that you enjoyed this one!! I really love dogs in romances too. But like you I don't like them, I get panic attacks whenever I am around them due to a certain traumatic event when I was a kid. But I do want to try this author out so badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated go to my bff's house as a kid cos they had the HUGEST dog that always jumped me, I panic thinking of it

      Delete
  17. Oh so glad you liked this one. :) We are huge dog lovers here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP