Thursday 11 February 2016

No one like you - Kate Angell

For Rylan Cates, the gloriously sunny beachside town of Barefoot William may be home, but the pro
baseball player needs to focus on spring training. Hiring a personal assistant to keep him and his four dogs organized for the next eight weeks is the first step--and Beth Avery is the perfect pinch hitter. 

Beth is still looking for her place in the world, and a couple months caring for Rylan's two dachshunds, his golden retriever, and a Great Dane named Atlas should shore up her finances before she moves on. Except it's Atlas who won't budge, pushing her toward tanned, scruffy, sexy Rylan every chance he gets. One more strike and she's calling the dog out--unless she and Rylan admit that the attraction they're feeling is a game-winning grand slam. . . 

My thoughts:
This was really sweet, really sweet. I kept waiting for some kind of drama or something, but nope it stayed sweet, and I liked that. I really liked that.

Sweet. That should tell you everything there is.

But, Beth has a past which consists of idiots. You are better off without the for sure. She gets a job as a PA. She is perfect for it.

Rylan is a baseball player, with 4 dogs. This is important to know cos the dogs and especially Atlas takes center stage. Yes and I do realise that in a short time I have read 2 books with dogs named Atlas, and me not liking dogs, do love dogs in books.

Atlas is a smart dog and thinks Rylan should be with Beth. She makes great snacks! But Rylan likes blondes. Oh Rylan, silly man. But everyone else, family and friends finds Beth sweet.

And then they lived happily ever after :)

Conclusion:
I enjoyed it. The small town, his fellow players. The attraction growing between Beth and him. The dogs. Very sweet.

cover
sweet

Paperback, 320 pages
Published April 28th 2015 by Kensington
Barefoot William #4
Contemporary romance
Library

34 comments:

  1. I hate car shopping. *waves tiredly*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn - you know I need this one now. Dogs+sweet=must buy :-)

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't like dogs, cool trivia! I don't like pets inside the house because of dander. Hehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cat can sleep on my pillow as much as he wants :)

      Delete
  4. Sweet reads work out for me sometimes :) I completely understand expecting drama in them though hahaha glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all drama..drama? Drama? Oh and there could so have been a drama. Not that I mind, I was just expecting it, lol

      Delete
  5. it looks sweet! and dogs? I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fun. I have heard of this author but not read anything by her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another dog book! I'm sensing a trend from you :) And I had a moment of hilarity when I thought the title said "No One LikeS You"...

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is freaky! ;)

      I always read it like that...every single time

      Delete
  8. I've read a few of her books from her Richmond Rogues series and enjoyed them. They really are sweet romances. I want to read this series too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I forgot about this one. I put it on my wishlist b/c it looked cute and bad me, forgot.
    Definitely want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read one of hers a while back in an antho and had fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does sound super sweet! So many puppies, haha. Glad it was an enjoyable read for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A book without drama sounds sweet indeed. Adding it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :D And isn't it horrid that I was expected drama cos that is how so many books are these days! I loved that it just was sweet

      Delete
  13. I love reading books for pure enjoyment so I think I need to add this one to my pile. :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP