Monday 8 February 2016

The Mermaid's madness - Jim C Hines

There is an old story — you might have heard it — about a young mermaid, the daughter of a king, who saved the life of a human prince and fell in love.

So innocent was her love, so pure her devotion, that she would pay any price for the chance to be with her prince. She gave up her voice, her family, and the sea, and became human. But the prince had fallen in love with another woman.

The tales say the little mermaid sacrificed her own life so that her beloved prince could find happiness with his bride.

The tales lie. 

My thoughts:
This series is fun, first we have fairytales, second kick-ass heroines. What's not to like.

Cinderella, Snow and Sleeping Beauty (they do have other names but whatever) have to solve one big problem here. A mad mermaid. And since this follows the real fairytales, and not those nice silly Disney ones, then yeah the mermaid's prince was a d#ck. Just like Talia's prince was a d#ck. But Cinderella/Danielle's prince is a keeper.

So we have a mad mermaid and her followers attacking and sinking ships. There will be adventures on the sea, princesses to save and mysteries to solve.

Conclusion:
There is humor, friendship and adventures. A nice light fantasy series

Cover
cute

Paperback, 339 pages
Published October 6th 2009 by DAW
Princess #2
Fantasy
Own

39 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good one. I need to read some fantasy as a break from my cozies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like the sound of this one! Badass fairytale princesses? YES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you found this to be fun. I wish I could get into a mermaid book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this sounds like a blast to read!! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like his bibliomancer series...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I need to read this one. Sounds perfect for me, plus mermaids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm not sure if this is for me even if it's not like Disney

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound really cute. I'm adding to my TBR list.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talk about your wholesome adventure! Just your kind of read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwwe I may need a book like this after what I'm trying to read now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does sound like a fun and light playful read! Thanks for putting it on my radar. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another Hines book I didn't know of! I see this one was pubbed back in 2009 though, thanks for letting me know, I will have to hunt this one down now! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes one of the older ones, I am first now finding him so backlist love

      Delete
  13. Winner! I definitely want this fairy tale princess adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is totally new to me but yes fairytales and kick-ass heroines sound great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kick-ass princesses, it looks like a fun series !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I've not heard of this book or series! I really like the sounds of it. I need some fun books. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP