Thursday 24 March 2016

Grave Visions - Kalayna Price

If you want to hear voices from the dead in Nekros City, you call Alex Craft. She's a Grave Witch with reasonable rates and extraordinary powers, who specializes in revealing the secrets of the dead. But now she's the one fighting to keep her own secret. She's not human—and her newly discovered heritage is causing havoc for her both in the human realm and in Faerie. But her status as an unaffiliated fae also makes her an ideal candidate to investigate a new street drug that has surfaced in several of the spaces between the human and fae worlds. 

This glamour-infused drug causes hallucinations that turn real—at least for a while and often with deadly consequences. Searching for the source of this drug—and its purpose—lands Alex front and center in the conflict brewing in Faerie and she must find answers before she's dragged so deep she loses her freedom. 

My thoughts:
I am SO glad that you could just jump back into things cos my knowledge of book 3..or any book ...yikes, it was shaky at best..

Her hidden past.
I was all whaat?
She is Fae? Huh, did not remember that, but good to know. Lol, yes it was like the book was filled with new secrets and I never felt like I missed anything cos I could just read and be surprised.

She is a grave witch, ok that I did remember. She can talk to the dead. Yup.

Her Boyfriend is Death, I did not really like him. (damn it, *reading old review from 4 years back, I used to have a crush on him! Woe is me*

Falin, some guy sent to spy on her is hot. (damn it! I used to think he was just a pretty boy according to that last review)

I obviously went from Team Death to Team Falin. *shrugs* It happens. Since all I remember of any of them is from this book.

Oh I forgot, the actual storyline. A bad drug is causing deaths. She is on the case. The Fae wants her to pick a court. A friend is getting married. Her dad has plans. Something was always happening and then it ended and I need more...a bit quicker this time hopefully.

Conclusion:
Good to be back!

Cover
good

Mass Market Paperback, 340 pages
Published February 2nd 2016 by Roc
Alex Craft #4
Urban fantasy
Own

33 comments:

  1. This is another series I need to read. Pretty sure I have book one sitting on my book shelf *whistles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's so funny about your old reviews and what you thought of the characters. I have such different tastes now that I'm sure that would happen to me too.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It as so weird, totally conflicting feelings for this one

      Delete
  3. I'm glad it came to you fast considering you've read the rest of the books years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a series I have long wanted to read. I need to do some binge reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bad memory and it's bad when it's years between reading the books...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another heroine in a relationship with Death. Is there a club or something? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, maybe ;) But to be fear, he is only a reaper she finds out

      Delete
  7. it can be great to read a story that at the end you just want more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I own the first book in this series..hope to read it soon. Of course I own the first book in about a million series..bwhaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one I should probably check out because I swear I am always hearing about the Alex Craft series! Never tried Kalayna Price either and I am always curious to check out a new UF author.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some series release time between books leaves me foggy on the details, too. Glad you were able to get back into the story with little trouble. That's funny how your taste in hero changed. Yes, that does indeed happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it will check again when the next book comes around ;)

      Delete
  11. I forgot many things too when I read this one but it was fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt very similar. I was able to jump back in without too many issues. I didn't remember a lot either, but I thought the author did a pretty good job of providing the hints to remind us. I also think I remember liking Death, but I was all about Falin in this book too.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Death was very meh. Maybe she meant it like that

      Delete
  13. I really want to read this series. I never picked it up b/c I knew people were waiting and waiting for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well it sounds exciting! I need to try her one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is why I love binge reading series.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP