Friday 18 March 2016

Magic Stars - Ilona Andrews and Chance on Love

Scarred, solitary Derek Gaunt has separated from his Pack, and is truly a lone wolf. With no family he answers to no one; but is fiercely loyal to a chosen few. So, when several of those close to him are murdered, he’ll stop at nothing to hunt their killer through the magic-drenched streets of Atlanta. 

Never one to be left on the sidelines, equally determined—some might say stubborn—Julie Lennart-Olsen soon joins in his pursuit; and what began as revenge turns into a race to save the city. Their search pits them against powers they never imagined and magic so old, it predates history. It may cost Derek his life, but there are things for which even he would risk everything. 

My thoughts:
I will give it a 3 because it is Andrews, but to be honest, if this was a new series I would quit it. It was not that interesting, I did not care for anyone in the story.

I have never really been a Julie fan, Derek, eh.

Ok I changed my mind, it will get the 2 it deserved. To me it was not good (since I would not read more books), it was only ok.

It only showed that Julie is an idiot.

I still love Roland though!

Cover
ok
ebook, 64 pages
Published December 8th 2015 by NYLA
Grey Wolf #1, Kate Daniels #8.5
Urban fantasy
Own

Sean Reynolds is content wielding his dominant personality as the public face of Kagan Industries. Pack leadership--and all the responsibilities that go with it--doesn't interest him. But when alpha-in-waiting Nic Kagan skips town, there's no one to take on his aging father's spirit wolf. No one but Sean.

Sean wants none of it, but with his wolf growling in eagerness to fill that void, he heads for the bar in an attempt to drink the beast into submission.

He'd like to ignore the sultry blonde shifter burning up the dance floor with moves that make him painfully aware of the full moon. But when she abruptly disappears, his wolf sends him in hot pursuit. Following the scent of a female he can see in his bed not for a single night, but for a lifetime...

NOTE: The Kagan Wolves series is set in the same world as the Royal Pride series. 

My thoughts:
A short story about a wolf who does not want a mate.
And about another wolf who just wants some fun, since wolves in her tribes are idiots.
They meet. They lust. They know they are mates to be.

It was passionate and short. I think I can do pnr in small doses...small doses ;)

Kindle Edition, 1st. Edition, 44 pages
Published February 23rd 2016 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Kagan Wolves 0.5
Short story
Own

31 comments:

  1. Oh bummer about Magic Stars! I feel like I'd still pick it up just bc its Andrews, but that's lame. I will just use it as a placeholder for the next Kate book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to since I was told you had to read it since stuff happened that has an impact in the Kate series...that I was not keen on, so I have to keep reading this series now which I do not even like?

      Delete
  2. I hate when an author whose work you admire gives you a bust. Oh well, I hope the other books will make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I'll be interested to see what happens in the next Kate book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess since I love Derek and Julie, it was a given that I would like a little story featuring them. I actually just finished this a couple of hours ago. I gave it 4 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magic Stars was not my favorite. I love Julie and Derek, but I still didn't love this story. Wow, that other story was way short at 44 pages.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just did not do anything for me, and it made me like them less =_0

      Ha, well short story so

      Delete
  6. LOL! At least you liked it. I do like Julie and Derek but I'm behind and may change my mind. Sorry you didn't enjoy it more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh sorry to hear about Magic Stars. I like Derek but I have never liked Julie that much to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer! They're usually pretty good. Let down :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I see a Kate Daniels review, I remember how woefully far behind I am. I vow to catch up one of these days! Sorry to hear this short novella didn't really work, but I always hear about how awesome the later books are in the main series.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The later books are indeed awesome :D
      But this one, not so much for me

      Delete
  10. Pity Magic Stars didn't do it for you, but then again if it doesn't work - it just doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be reading Magic Stars soonish. Bummer it was blah for you. Julie hasn't been a fave so I didn't have high hopes, but I do like Derek.

    Wow, that was a shortie, but glad it had enough story to entertain you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading your thoughts then

      Delete
  12. I don't care much for Julie but I do like Derek. So of course I loved the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bummer you didn't like the Andrews novella. I have always loved Derek, Julie is growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so bummed that you didn't like Magic Stars. I actually liked it more than the main series. I felt like bigger stuff happened.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well my bad... I think I'm one of those who encouraged you to read it... but that was mostly because of Roland. I agree this wasn't the best story, but I apparently I'm one of the few that likes Julie. I really like both her and Derek - together/separate, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well everyone did say it had to be read, I just thought it would be better :(

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP