Friday 1 April 2016

Early review: You can't always get the Marquess you want - Alexandra Hawkins

They call him Chance, though in truth the Marquess of Fairlamb feels bitterly cursed: A long-ago family feud is standing in the way of his heart's desire. Lady Tempest is the daughter of his father's sworn enemy, the Marquess of Norgrave. She is beautiful, innocent, and utterly untouchable. But some seductions are just too good to resist...

Tempest is a woman of her own mind-and a true romantic who will overcome every obstacle to be with the man of her dreams. But the odds are against the handsome, wickedly charming Chance if he intends to win Tempest as his bride. Will he choose loyalty to his family-or risk everything he has for the woman he yearns for? 

My thoughts:
This is a Romeo and Juliet story. I have not read book 1, which is about their parents (and from other reviews I have decided that I sure do not want to read book 1. That is not romance to me.) Anyway, a total stand alone since duh book 1 is about their parents, and at the end we learn what happened with them and why there is a feud.

Tempest did not find a man last season. Her father is not happy but has another suitor in the wings for her.

Chance is the son of a Duke, he is a bit of a rake. But then he is young and not ready to settle down.

They meet, sparks fly. But dang it, their families are feuding and will not even be near each other. I was all, why are they feuding?!
The truth is dark.

I liked how he did not give up. He really wanted her (he does not know the Feud reason either.)
She was more careful, good for you, except for that one time. 

And then they lived happily ever after!

Conclusion:
I liked it. The future sure seemed bleak for them, and trust me, these families will not mingle even if their kids marry. But at least some are happy. 

Cover
 meh

ebook, 300ish
Expected publication: April 5th 2016 by St. Martin's Paperbacks
Masters of Seduction #2
Historical romance
NG

35 comments:

  1. Oh such a lovely story, such an interesting book, LOOK AT THIS COVER, her naked back, his naked torso, I am swooning, I must read it asap! *Fool April's Day* ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like any Romeo and Juliet retellings, and since i've always wanted to try historical romance, this one is a viable read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not really a re-telling just two feuding families, got lots of those

      Delete
  3. What a second - so does book one not have an HEA since it's the start of the feud? Definitely don't want to read that! I need an HEA in my romance, so I'm glad to know this one doesn't end Romeo and Juliet style:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is historical romance, of course there is a HEA: But other things happens

      Delete
  4. I haven't found many Romeo and Juliet retellings that I've liked but this sounds pretty good.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Romeo ad Juliet story, it's not a re-telling. There are many feuds out tehre

      Delete
  5. Hmm... Interesting but I think I will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cover but eh you know how I feel about her books. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that even if I liked the second book and was leery of the first, curiosity would get to me and I'd read it. :) Good to know this one works pretty well as a standalone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Well their families hate each other, there it ends

      Delete
  9. Chance and Tempest, I like those names. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. In a way, that's nice. Just imagine them moving to America and settling somehwere here. In law problem solved ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the feud. Such a great barrier to happiness and romance. Now you have me curious about this one and book one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;)
      But no, not book 1! Sersly,, the spoiler >I read about that one just no no

      Delete
  12. Oh dear, sounds like foul deeds were committed.However glad this pair found their happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really don't get feuds. I get why two people dislike each other, but if the kids fall in love, good for them. Let them be happy. Isn't that what parents always say they want for their kids, just to be happy. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This feud is, well if I fell in love with a person from that family..it would be hard

      Delete
  14. I like a good historical romance and I like Romeo and Juliet so this does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh yay...glad you liked this one. I do enjoy this author, and I love romeo and juliet themes. Great review here.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP