Saturday 16 April 2016

#FitReaders Check-In: April 15, 2016 and 3 Reviews

#FitReaders is hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog  and That’s What I’m Talking About.
Join in!

Sun 1.50 h hike
Mon 6 km bike
Tue 8 km bike. 1 h walk
Wed 4 km bike. 30 min walk
Thu 8 km bike. 1 h zumba toning
Fri 30 min walk. 4 km bike
Sat 50 min walk


----------------------------------

A travel agent who longs to travel. An intrepid explorer who just wants to find a place to call home. And a Big Idea that changes everything!. Close your eyes and imagine the world is your oyster! And now imagine never seeing it. Welcome to Harriet Langton's world. All her life she's dreamt of travelling the globe - fate always got in the way. Working as a travel agent, the closest Harri comes to her dream destination of Venice is booking the trip for someone else. But everything changes when travel fanatic Alex drops in. With her boyfriend Rob tied up with work, Harri is persuaded to help Alex in his quest for love. But in her attempts to help, Harri soon discovers that she's alienating those around her. Desperate to leave her life behind, will her dreams finally come true? Or will Harri's leap of faith be her biggest mistake yet?

My thoughts:
My bad. I took one book with me over Easter weekend, one! Only one! One that turned out to be meh, damn it, So I read it.

Harri works in a travel agency, and has never been anywhere. She was rather dull. She also has a stupid boyfriend who was always away. It was pretty obvious what he got up to. Why he stayed with her I do not know since he was always at work.

She has a friend who changes men like clothes
She has another friend Alex, who I liked at first, but then lost ALL respect for. I mean really...what? He most be the biggest idiot in the world.

Boring friendship with friends who do not give a F about each other. Stupid romance. A meh book that I read cos I had nothing else to read. 

Paperback, 406 pages
Published November 1st 2010 by Avon Books
Women's fiction
Library

Thanks to a philandering father, ad exec Emily Rodgers knows happily ever after doesn’t exist. Relying on a man only leads to heartache. She takes care of herself, and work defines her life. But Emily soon finds herself in the hands of a real-life prince who defines the words charming and sexy. Not to mention reckless. If Prince Lucas doesn’t find a royal bride, Emily’s dream of being named a partner at the advertising firm will die.

Luc’s fun-loving ways have made him a magnet for scandal. His father gives Luc an ultimatum—find a wife on a reality TV show or be disowned. Rules require him to marry nobility, but after he meets the uptight American sent to find him find a princess bride, his search for Cinderella might be over. Too bad Emily wants nothing to do with him. Perhaps he can show her that fairytale endings can happen in real life… 

My thoughts:
Quiiiiick!

Setting: A reality show in a world where there seems to be HUNDREDS of kingdoms and principalities in Europe ;)

Lovers. Luc, the playboy who has a heart of gold. Emily, the hard working career woman who will turn this show around.

Background. Luc's father is an asshole for making him do that. Poor Luc. HELLO! Wouldn't love make everyone happy?

Drama. Oh no, Luc must marry a princess. Will they ever be together.

Answer. yes, this is romance.
Cute

ebook, 151 pages
Published April 2nd 2015 by Tule Publishing
Royal Holiday #1
Contemporary romance
Own

After four years on the Seattle mainland, when Hanna Walker returns to Walker Island to make a documentary about the infamous Peterson-Walker feud from the early 1950s, she’s shocked to realize that passions still run high. Especially when it comes to Joel Peterson, the one man who is totally off-limits…but that she’s never been able to stop dreaming about. 

The last thing Joel wants is for Hanna to dredge up the past, but when he realizes she’s determined to follow through with her documentary no matter what, he knows he has no choice but to join her. But despite vowing to hold back his growing feelings for her, as Joel works with Hanna to unravel the mystery of what really happened between their two families, he soon begins to see that love is an unstoppable force…and that sometimes two people are meant to be. 

My thoughts:
Oh no! I am 3 reviews behind! I have been busy ...

Setting: An island
Time. A few days
Lovers: Joel and Hannah. Raised on the same island. Two noble families. Torn apart by tragedy and therefore these families does not speak to each other. Until Hannah wants to make a documentary and drags up the past.

A quickie love story. But isn't that why I love romance. The chance to meet your true love and just know it, and just be in love after a day? Ok so in my heart I believe they will stay together and then after 3 years they break up cos he farts in bed ;)

It was cute. 

Kindle Edition, 200 pages
Published April 2nd 2014
A Walker Island Romance #1
Contemporary romance
Own

34 comments:

  1. Many romances there! Welcome to My World looks so good, but that just goes to show that you really can't judge a book by it's cover :) That's why I love my Kindle, I get to take my entire book collection on vacation :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a cute cover. Such a disappointment.
      True. But my e-reader sucks, my eyes would be ruined

      Delete
  2. The second book looks good and farts in the bed hahaha! I always wonder about these fast HEA's. I would love to read the reality of that. lol

    I got more walking in than unusual because of the new dog. He's way more active than my older guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I am sure they had a nice time, and then yes broke up.

      Yay for new doggie then :D

      Delete
  3. Your bike rides sound so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they are just too and from work mostly

      Delete
  4. 1) WOOT WOOT! Good job!
    2) Meh
    3) Sounds good. :)
    4) Mmmmhmmmmmm maybe. Sounds cute...maybe TOO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome reviews, srsly. Especially the one about the reality show, I admit I'm curious about that :) And what's that I see in your pictures - definite signs of spring, indeed! About time, too :D You're still exercising hard, and I'm still bowing low to your stamina as a result... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D
      yes spring is slooowly coming, still frost nights

      Delete
  6. Despite the first ones, the 2 others look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Spring has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cover on the Walker Island romance. It sounds cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw sorry to hear that the romance and friendships weren't good in welcome

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first book sounds awful. I mean what was the point of the entire thing? Ugh. I'm surprise you didn't DNF it.

    Great job on these reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have, but I had nothing to read!

      Delete
  11. The Cinderella romance sounds cute. One book on vacation...tisk tisk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you ride your bike to work everyday...I haven't ridden a bike in years, but would love to get a new bicycle. There are so many great places by me to ride. Great photos...looks like the snow has finally melted :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great progress on the FitReader and man LOVE your pics. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on the workouts. I love the pics. Sorry that you were on a trip and had a meh book. That is never fun. Glad your other two were good.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like it's warming up, I love the first photo there! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the snow is gone, and the ice is melting :)

      Delete
  16. Pretty! I need to move this week. I didn't move much :(

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP