Wednesday 6 April 2016

Saint's Blood - Sebastien de Castell

How do you kill a Saint?

Falcio, Kest, and Brasti are about to find out, because someone has figured out a way to do it and they've started with a friend.

The Dukes were already looking for ways out of their agreement to put Aline on the throne, but with the Saints turning up dead, rumours are spreading that the Gods themselves oppose her ascension. Now churches are looking to protect themselves by bringing back the military orders of religious soldiers, assassins, and (especially) Inquisitors - a move that could turn the country into a theocracy. The only way Falcio can put a stop to it is by finding the murderer. He has only one clue: a terrifying iron mask which makes the Saints vulnerable by driving them mad. But even if he can find the killer, he'll still have to face him in battle.

And that may be a duel that no swordsman, no matter how skilled, can hope to win.

My thoughts:
I can not do this book justice. The book was so intense, how will I ever be able to put that into words? I have also waited all day to write this review cos I am still all whaaat?

First up, this country is messed up. I would be all Bye bye, take care of yourselves you ungrateful horde! And even Falcio is wondering if it's all worth it...

Second, this book is even better than previous books. I know right! Book 3! I do love when that happens.

The book was intense! I had suddenly read 300 pages, they just flew by. It manages to be light and intense somehow.

Story. I already said the country is messed up. The Dukes still want their due. Young Aline has a long way to go before she is Queen. Her Protector of the realm are holding them at bay but they are not nice so..

Like that was all of their troubles. Someone is killing saints. Let's stop here and think about the saints, I really like what he did there, oh you have to read it to see what the saints are like. I also learned more about the gods, and the saints too, and it was all, nice...

The church is stirring up trouble *Shakes fist at church*
Everyone is being an utter a-hole.

There are duels.
There is madness.
There is despair.
And last, a glimmer of hope in this rotten world.

Did I mention how awesome it was! Wow, just awesome. It swept me along and I did not want to put it down, this was sure one of the lighter 500+ books I have read in a while.

Conclusion:
You really should check out this series. It will keep you on your toes 

Cover
 Nice

Hardcover, 576 pages
Expected publication: April 7th 2016 by Jo Fletcher Books
Greatcoats #3
Fantasy
for review

40 comments:

  1. I definitely am adding book one to my long fantasy list. Heck, it may already be there. You have me curious now. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this series is getting better as it goes and I so love when that happens too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah I can't look I can't look I can't look! I just started this one this week, not very far into it at all so I want to keep going in with fresh eyes. But I did see how awesome you say it was, so I'm happy!!!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have so much emotion for this series. Yes, I do need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveeeeee when the 2nd or 3rd book is even better than the ones before :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds awesome. I would be a terrible protector. I would peace out on them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet! I love your love of this book. That alone make me want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to do a double take on Falcio's name. For a hot minute I read it as fellatio hahaha! #hungryreads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love when a book gets you this giddy..adding it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I commented this morning, it looks like gremlins ate it. I am loving how excited you are and so I added it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow it's great to see your enthousiasm for this book! I'm glad it was even better than the others

    ReplyDelete
  13. When 300 pages go by like a dream, that is a wonderful read. I think I need book one so I can get to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, you've convinced me - off to find #1.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, adding book one to my TBR list. I love when the books get better as the go along. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh. This sounds like my kind of series! :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP