Monday 4 April 2016

We don't need another hero - Sierra Dean

The city of Gold Bay once had a great champion in local superhero Apollo. But after his brutal defeat at the hands of The Scourge, the citizens have been left to the villainous whims of a madman. 

When young reporter Rebecca “Bex” Beckett returns home to care for her sick father, the last thing she expects is his request that she play caretaker to his shut-in employer, Camden Nash. Cam is not the same man Bex remembers from ten years earlier. Once a pinnacle of society, he is now a broken shell of his former self. Yet something is simmering between them. 

As Bex becomes interested in the elusive mayor of Gold Bay, Simon Nerezza, Cam must rally to become the hero he once was in order to protect Bex from Nerezza’s dark past. But Bex is no damsel in distress. She has a trick or two up her own sleeve, and things in the city on the bay around about to get super hot. 


Contains a grumpy has-been hero, a fiery heroine who is too hot to handle, and a villain who’d love nothing more than to have them both in the palm of his hand. 

My thoughts:
This is a novella, it does have a solid ending. It never felt too short, but still, I do hope there will be more books in this world. It's interesting. 

This is a world with superheroes, and villains. Some have taken over cities. Some protect cities. And in one The Scorch rule.

Bex was pretty cool, and since this is the 50s (aye set in those olden days), she has it tough making it as a journalist. Men are so stupid!

Cam, oh he was grumpy!...and I fell for him cos he was so grumpy! He was also very obvious *lallalala*

They dance around each other, but that is not really what the story is about. No, Bex wants to tell the world that this city is rotten. Cam needs to face his demon. And I enjoyed the ride. 

Conclusion:
Short, but nice.

Kindle Edition, 140 pages
Expected publication: April 5th 2016 by Sierra Dean
Urban fantasy
For review

31 comments:

  1. Oh yay - a novella! I love them for my in between books reads :-)


    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun. And a good length - lately I've been having trouble finishing anything not on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I think I'd enjoy this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you enjoyed even if short

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is brilliant! This sounds pretty awesome. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get into this author, so if this is an intro to a new series, sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those short but sweet reads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh great! Another author who can write a short and keep you into it. I'm going to have to check this one out. Hopefully there will be more in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Set in the 50s? That's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the concept. Is this part of a series? I like reading books set in worlds with super heroes and villains, but I'm not sure about a stand alone novella. If it's part of a bigger series though, I'd totally check it out.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know, it might just be a stand alone

      Delete
  11. Surely this must lead into a series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never read Sierra Dean, but I keep hearing great things about her. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought of you when I first saw this book by her. :) Sounds like something I'd enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP