Monday 30 May 2016

For Crown and Kingdom - Jeffe Kennedy and Grace Draven


A duo of fantasy romances
Out tomorrow




Dafne Mailloux, librarian and temporary babysitter to the heirs to the High Throne of the Twelve – now Thirteen – Kingdoms, finds it difficult to leave the paradise of Annfwn behind. Particularly that trove of rare books in temptingly unfamiliar languages. But duty calls, and hers is to the crown. It’s not like her heart belongs elsewhere. But how can she crown a queen who hesitates to take the throne? 

My thoughts:
I know this was your story Dafne, but I was all about the rest and the whole omg, will they never be able to marry? No one is having babies!
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaadness! And since the next book is about Dafne, that is just, sad you know. No one gets to share their love, well except for Andi. No one is having babies, except for Ami. Now I am sad. 

Now when I have that off my chest. This is about Ursula having doubts, others having doubts about her taking the High Crown (to me it would be better if everyone took care of their own business and cut the high stuff.) And it's about who will take over after her.

And it is about seers making hints that maybe Dafne has a future too. Yay, I can not wait. Especially since book 4s blurb sure seems interesting. No, it has nothing to do with that premise that I love, fine, yes it has everything to do with that premise.
(edit, reading this later and I have NO idea what I am talking about)

This is mostly a talking and thinking story. Trying to put the kingdom back together. I just want everyone to be happy though.

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: May 31st 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms #3.6
Fantasy romance
For review

The stories are told in whispers, even after so long:  of a man whose fair rule soured when he attained eternal youth.  Imprisoned by a sorceress wife in a city out of time and place, he has passed into legend.  Few believe in him, and fewer would set their hopes on his mercy.  But Imogen has no choice.  To break the curse that’s isolated her since birth, she’ll find the Undying King—and answer his secrets with her own…

My thoughts:
This should so have been a book! I mean, the ending, was a solid ending, BUT there is danger and I am all then what? More!

Imogen is the daughter of a witch, who is dying, and with her last breath the witch sends Imogen to find the Undying King.

I liked Ceneda, he was so amused by this strange woman showing up in his dead city and calling in a debt.

Duh, of course they start to fall for each other. I liked hearing his story first, that would be quite a book, but I am sure I would not like him. Now, he has mellowed. A bit. And Imogen was so nice. They fit each other well.

But alas there is danger too!

Should totally be a book, or another novella.

Good


Ebook, 150ish pages
Expected publication: May 31st 2016
Fantasy romance
For review

..............................................

Ok so that was that duology, but I have this other Kennedy book, that I did review in an anthology, but well here it is again since I had it here to fill space when I did not have the above novella yet, but I then I got it today and read it, and well why delete the other one.



A Story of The Twelve Kingdoms
Nix is nothing. The Princess Natilde—her former waiting woman—attacked her on the journey to wed Prince Cavan, stripping her of everything and taking her place. With no serving skills, Nix becomes a goose girl. Perhaps if Nix keeps her promise never to reveal who she really is, Natilde won’t carry out her vile threats. Prince Cavan entered his arranged marriage determined to have a congenial, if not loving relationship with his future queen—for the sake of both their kingdoms. But, his wife repels him more each day and he finds himself absurdly drawn to the lovely Nix.

With broken vows, anguish and dark secrets between them, Cavan and Nix struggle to find the magic to restore what’s gone terribly wrong… if it ever can be. 

My thoughts:
First, I read this in an anthology so this review is short! Cos I had a lot of other books to talk about.

It was really good and all, but I just read another retelling of the goose girl (like last week), so I was never surprised.

But Natilde is a bitch! And go Nyx!

This takes place in the twelve kingdoms world, but has nothing to do with that trilogy.

ebook
Published March 7th 2016 by Brightlynx Publishing
The Twelve Kingdoms #3.5
Fantasy
Own



37 comments:

  1. That's a pretty cover on Hearts Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're so invested in these and especially in the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I need to read more anthologies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked both of Jeffe's stories, but I didn't read Grace's Is it related to a series?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound like good fantasies... but I'm not sure if it will be more entertaining than your reviews! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heart's Blood looks like my type of read. Well, they all do. Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes for Grace Draven!! She is so great to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tsk, I need to start reading JK soon. I do love a good fantasy and maybe a high/epic one will do me good

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fierce cover on The Undying King!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is supposed to be very pretty, I am all meh

      Delete
  10. I'm seeing Grace Draven everywhere now. I'm glad she's getting her name and books out there. I really want to read another novel by her soon.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked...oh I can't remember the name, Radiance? the best. That one was awesome and funny

      Delete
  11. I need to read more Jeffe books! I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the title of The Undying King!

    ReplyDelete
  13. But what about the covers????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The middle one is creepy, he is supposed to be a hottie by creeps me out

      Delete
  14. I am continually amazed by the amount of books you read in any given week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did not read all of these this week ;) One I read months ago, one weeks ago, one this week

      Delete
  15. You are so funny..you have me wanting to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Getting For Crown and Kingdom... Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I completely missed the Kennedy book. I don't know how, but I didn't see it until after I read the next book. Oh well. Glad you enjoyed the others.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens, mostly cos there were some issues when this was to be published

      Delete
  18. There are just too many books that need reading. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP