Wednesday 25 May 2016

Hot Cowboy Nights -Carolyn Brown

If gossip is the lifeblood of a small town, then Lizzy Logan has been its beating heart. After being dumped by her fiancé for another woman, she could have decided to crawl under a rock. But no, she'd rather really set tongues wagging by "moving on" with one of the hottest cowboys in Texas, who happens to live next door at the Lucky Penny Ranch. Those busybodies don't have to know it's actually all pretend. And just because Lizzy has no aim to tame her wild, blue-eyed neighbor doesn't mean she can't enjoy the ride of her life. Toby Dawson never was and never will be the settling-down type. But what harm could there be in agreeing to be Lizzy's pretend boyfriend? They'll put on a show for a few weeks and be done. Yet the more he gets to know Lizzy-really know her-the harder it is for him to keep his hands off of her in private. Soon this rough-and-ready cowboy is hoping to heal Lizzy's bruised heart and turn their fake affair into a true romance . . . 

My thoughts:
Brown's books are so sweet! And that is why I adore them. The heroines are so sassy, and the heroes are so rrrrrr!

Lizzy has been doing the nasty with her neighbor Toby, but hey they can't be doing it forever. It was fun while it lasted.

Like it ever is that easy. See she needs a fake bf to show peeps she is moving on. Oh girl, that is more trouble than solution! In comes Toby.

But dang! Oh this town, it had me so mad. Like a raccoon caught with it's tail in cactus (I always try this, but I never get them right, Brown gets them right.!) See there are these horrid gossiping church ladies who are all "That man is bad business, you be a sinner now Lizzy. Shame on you." Lizzy stands her ground, but oh those church ladies, I would have slapped them. She is a bigger person than I am. Especially since one's son is no good either, do not thrown stones in a glass house lady! So that is the drama, gossiping old biddies. 

And then of course Toby and Lizzy will fall in love when they realise their fake relationship could be more. It is sweet and wonderful.

I look forward to Toby's cousin's book now.

Conclusion:
Sweet!

Kindle Edition. 400
Expected publication: May 31st 2016 by Forever
Lucky Penny Ranch #2
Contemporary romance
NG

37 comments:

  1. I never get tired of the fake relationship trope in romances! Kudos to Lizzy for standing up to the church ladies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Jenny, the fake relationships slowly turning into the real-deal is always fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cute romance reads that are quick and sweet. Wonderful review--I'll have to pick this one up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these types of romances, especially when they become series and we get to see those same characters down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always fun when a pretend turns into real, and sounds like a bit of a bitchy community. Nothing to dislike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yea... the bitties would have gotten to me as well. Problem with small towns. Still, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New avatar! Cool :)
      And yes, those women, arghhh

      Delete
  7. Glad you had fun with this, and I know you like your cowboys ;-)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have a teeny tiny weakness for them *coughs* ;)

      Delete
  8. Haha! Yes, she grew up around there and I love all those little turns of phrase that sound so home town Texan. Carolyn Brown is a favorite.
    Glad I already have book one of this series to read and then I'll get to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, they are so cute, and fun! I try to make one at least in every review but LOL, mine are not as good

      Delete
  9. I need to try the booK I have by her

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun series. I need to read one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a hoot! Glad you enjoyed this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like books set in small towns, but I do feel like the reality would involve a lot of gossiping church biddies. No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang those gossiping ladies who frown upon everything

      Delete
  13. Cover??? He has a head! I wonder what they had against his right arm?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those old biddies sound like bad news themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I love sweet, small town romance. I will have to take a look at this series. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the last one of hers the town made me mad too! I wanted to shake my fist at them. lol

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP