Thursday 12 May 2016

The Last Mortal Bond - Brian Stavely

The ancient csestriim are back to finish their purge of humanity; armies march against the capital; leaches, solitary beings who draw power from the natural world to fuel their extraordinary abilities, maneuver on all sides to affect the outcome of the war; and capricious gods walk the earth in human guise with agendas of their own. 

But the three imperial siblings at the heart of it all--Valyn, Adare, and Kaden--come to understand that even if they survive the holocaust unleashed on their world, there may be no reconciling their conflicting visions of the future. 

My thoughts:
The world is going to hell, and that is the best part about fantasy worlds.

Adare is trying to be Emperor and keep Annur together. The Urghul are winning, and her general is not even human. I had totally forgotten that she was preggers too, and had a baby by now.

Then there is Kaden, who is a part of the newly formed republic, and those idiots are making a mess out of things. Oh the Urghul are attacking, but let's discuss it first...at great length. Idiots!

The third brother Valyn is blind and running around in the woods and is in a pit of darkness.

And I had some serious difficulties trusting people. The Cestriim are bad, but..?
The Gods are bad too, but at the same time not?
Valyn hates Adare.
Adare thinks Kaden is a fool.
Kaden is all peace.

Oh and then there is Gwenna who finds that the Kettral has gone to hell too and cleans it all up.

None stop action, conflicts, doubts, war and murder. I could not stop reading because I had to know at once how it would turn out. And I feared for them.

I must say, I reeeally like the Cestriim. Yes they are bad, but I like them.

Conclusion:
The end. I look forward to that new series now 

Hardcover, 652 pages
Published March 24th 2016 by Tor
Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne #3
Fantasy
Library

32 comments:

  1. There are so many covers like this that I start confusing the books lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love books with non stop action :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Sounds like a great series. :) And fantasy is always best when the world goes to hell. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot that Adare was pregnant as well when I started this book, I can't believe I didn't remember! Poor siblings are all a mess in this one, but it was a good ending. I can't wait for Skullsworn either!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I have forgotten?! Ha, but at least I was not alone ;)

      Yay Skullsworn

      Delete
  5. A real page-flipper, huh? Sounds fantastic.
    Oh, and that's fun that the villain is well developed and you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol - Oh, gotta love when idiots are making a mess out of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm I don't know, not sure it's for me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds intense, Linda - how did I not hear of this series?! *slaps back of the head* I always find the most awesome fantasy (and not only) books on your blog! :))) Anyway, I like the non-stop action thing - I'm in the mood for something tense and fast, and this sounds just like the thing. As always, a memorable review! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you hear about the best ones from me ;) That is what I am here for

      Delete
  9. "The world is going to hell, and that is the best part about fantasy worlds."---well said! lol
    And sounds like you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to check if I had the first book or not and I do have it. Good to hear you liked this. Maybe I start this series soon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great when you can easily remember what happened even though you haven't read the series in a long time. Goes to show how big of a fan you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I did not remember she was preggers ;) Slipped my mind

      Delete
  12. I feel like fantasy worlds going to hell are even better than the ones not going to hell. I love the cover! It might just be because I like knives, but it's really pretty. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, but yes that is so true! The ones are going to hell are so interesting, and I am talking massive scale destruction

      Delete
  13. "The world is going to hell, and that is the best part about fantasy worlds"

    You know, I never really thought about it, but you are SOOO right!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love complex characters. They are bad, but not really.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP