Tuesday 21 June 2016

Duskfall - Christopher Husberg

Stuck with arrows and close to death, a man is pulled from the icy waters of the Gulf of Nahl. Winter, a seemingly quiet young fisherman’s daughter, harbours a secret addiction that threatens to destroy her. A young priestess, Cinzia, must face a long journey home to protect her church from rebellion. A rebellion sparked by her sister. 

Three characters on different paths will be brought together by fate on one thrilling and perilous adventure. 


My thoughts:
I have trouble thinking of something clever so I will just jump right in;

We have 3 main POVS. The first one is Knot, a stranger found in the ocean and saved by fishermen. He has amnesia, and secrets that wants out, secrets that will kill. And as he does not know who is is, I did not know what to make of him. So I liked him, because he seemed nice ( but oh those secrets that we learn little by little.) I so need to know it all.

Then there is Winter. A young Tiellan woman who marries Knot. First, the Tiellans are those that gets persecuted in this world, and called Elfs (which here is a really bad word). They are not humans. Their numbers are dwindling, and the reality is that if you kill one, then no one will care. We gets bits of pieces from history, but I would love to know more how they ended up like this. Back to Winter, she wants more, and one thing I liked about her story is that she shows how "human" she is. She truly has flaws like everyone.

Then there is Cinzia. I can not say she was my fav, she was a priestess, and religion always sucks. Here they are all We rule, anyone else can suck it. But she is not bad, so I can not dislike her, she sees the flaws in her religion. Her story takes her to her hometown where Heretics are growing stronger.

And in the end all this stories will connect once more. Because something bigger is going on. We can not have good fantasy without a world falling apart, and it will do so with a bang.

And the end, well, yes it does end with a sort of cliffie. You know, all is kind of good for now, but the place is going to hell. So of course you want more then cos you have to know how it all will end.

Conclusion:
It was easy and fast to read. A good and interesting story, and characters I wanted more from. I can't wait to see what happens next



Cover
Hmmm, kind of cool

Paperback, 400 pages
Expected publication: June 21st 2016 by Titan Books
Chaos Queen #1
Fantasy
For review

46 comments:

  1. Great to hear it was a fast read and worth the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the 3 separate POVs worked well for you, even if Cinzia's wasn't your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds fantastic! It's so rare that multiple POVs really work for me so I'll have to give this one a try, for sure. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well most fantasy do go for multiple POVS...not so much YA when i think of it

      Delete
  4. I have a hard time with multiple POVs if the connection isn't clear from the start, but this seems pretty well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really clear who it was about, and I so get that,sometimes you go all who are these people! Here it was easy

      Delete
  5. Feels like it should be Friday already...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you enjoyed! I seem to have issues with more than 2 POV sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 is nothing, I have read ones with...a lot

      Delete
  7. This is new for me and sounds good. The cover is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I also like the cover to this one. I have been enjoying fantasy so much this year and I need to add this one to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love multiple POVs when it works out (like GoT or TID or TMI)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since most fantasy goes for it I am used to it, even when there are like 15 people running around in the end you get to know them

      Delete
  10. I heard some good things about this from another blogger today, very intriguing! It's on my TBR, though it looks like the print edition isn't out in the US yet (just ebook).

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt a bit old school when I think about it, with new things in it ;) One called it dark, but I would not say that

      Delete
  11. Sounds like he was a bit of an unreliable character because of the amnesia. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a good one, I hope it will be the same with the sequel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Those second books are hard

      Delete
  13. While it's not my usual type of book, this does have some of the elements that I like such as amnesia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love fast interesting fantasy reads with a cliffhanger... Effing amazing! 💓💓
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, fantasy do need a good cliffie...just not too much of a cliffie so you go insane

      Delete
  15. I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to want to read more. The premise is interest, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are things I so wanna mention, but spoilers :D

      Delete
  16. This one sounds good. I agree about religion in books. Thanks for the cliffhanger warning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a really interesting story. I'll be really interested to hear your thoughts on the next book. Those book twos can be so hard. Great review. :-)

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the character names and think this would be a great read :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like my type of read.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got my attention with this one. I like how it is starting out.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP