Monday 13 June 2016

Escapology - Ren Warom

Shock Pao is the best. In the virtual world the Slip there’s nothing he can’t steal for the right price. Outside the Slip, though, he’s a Fail – no degree, no job. So when his ex offers him a job, breaking into a corporate databank, he accepts—it’s either that, or find himself a nice bench to sleep under. Amiga works for psychotic crime lord Twist Calhoun so when Shock’s war comes to her, it’s her job to bring him to Twist, dead or alive. 

My thoughts:
I have not tried cyberpunk since uni when I read...oh that famous cyberpunk story! I can not remember the name now, but it's like super famous. You know...

Anyway, do be warned, it is not for everyone. It is very hardcore cyberpunk. I am not even sure I understood how one thing happened, but then I went all hello, it's a book, do not think too much. It's the future. Stuff can happen in the future ;)
But hey, take a chance.

Shock is *step back, how to explain this* Well he goes into the internet and steals stuff. But then you can do that today too, so that was easy. The internet is also dead and now there is only something ruled by a big corporation and you have to go to certain rooms to get plugged in. The days of free internet is long gone.

The world broke, continents fell into the ocean, others were lifted up way too high. And you can not even get free wifi on your phone, poor poor world.

I am making a mess of things. Let's simplify.

Shock needs to steal something. He is poor and needs cash. He is good at this.
A woman is sent to hunt him down and take him out.
Bigger things are happening.
Stuff goes down!

Conclusion:
A cyberpunk thriller that is a whirlwind.

Cover
eh

Paperback, 320 pages
Expected publication: June 14th 2016 by Titan Books
Cyberpunk
For review

48 comments:

  1. Don't think I've read a cyberpunk book o_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actually sounds like it could be a fun book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, I haven't heard of this one and to be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure it's up my alley. But, it does sound really fascinating and I'm going to keep an eye out for other reviews of this since I'm really intrigued by the genre cyberpunk. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a genre I come across a lot, but they sure are different. And I like to try different things

      Delete
  4. Not a genre I have read, but this one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I think you wrapped it up beautifully. I haven't read a cyberpunk in a while now. I might have to read one soon. You have me in the mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was all, I can not explain things properly!

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure if I've read one, if I have it's been ages too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I don't think cyberpunk is my thing, but damn if you make me want to read it. I love the way you review books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, that is the important thing



      Thanks!

      Delete
  8. I have to be in the mood for this kind of thing. lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I might just take a chance :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cyberpunk can be the hardest kinds of books to explain! This genre can run either hot or cold with me, but this actually sounds like an excellent one.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all whaaat? Lol, you gotta read it to see

      Delete
  11. Oh boy. This sounds just a tad out of my reach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never read a cyberpunk story. I'm not even 100% I know what that genre is exactly. Sounds like you enjoyed it. :-)

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well..I am not sure I know either. Like futuristic stuff with computers

      Delete
  13. I didn't realize there was such a thing as cyberpunk thrillers. I will have to try one out of sheer curiosity.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the simplify version. I am not big on cyberpunk but did enjoy one that I read Little Brother by Cory Doctorow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks!
      I have never tried his books

      Delete
  15. This sounds good, but I've never read Cyberpunk before. I hate being confused and I like knowing what's real, so yeah might not be for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sci.fi is one thing, I am all oh future. But this is the future too, so why is that harder to think about...weird

      Delete
  16. I feel like I might get a little lost in this one! I haven't ever read a cyberpunk story before.

    ReplyDelete
  17. NOT a cover that screams "cyberpunk" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very interesting. I don't think I have tried cyberpunk.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think I've read cyberpunk...watched, yeah (Blade Runner is cyberpunk, isn't it?).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm... I don't know. I liked cyber punk movies - they were a dime a dozen back in the 90's. Of course there was Matrix being the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, I am so stupid! *headdesk* Did not even think about that

      Delete
  21. I think hardcore cyber punk sounds a bit too scary to me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd have to read a lot of cyberpunk before I got to the hard core kind, just so I'd have some sort of idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP