Friday 1 July 2016

Florence Grace - Tracy Rees

Florrie Buckley is an orphan, living on the wind-blasted moors of Cornwall. It's a hard existence but Florrie is content; she runs wild in the mysterious landscape. She thinks her destiny is set in stone.

But when Florrie is fourteen, she inherits a never-imagined secret. She is related to a wealthy and notorious London family, the Graces. Overnight, Florrie's life changes and she moves from country to city, from poverty to wealth.

Cut off from everyone she has ever known, Florrie struggles to learn the rules of this strange new world. And then she must try to fathom her destructive pull towards the enigmatic and troubled Turlington Grace, a man with many dark secrets of his own.

My thoughts:
The way Florrie talked about the moors sure made me want to visit them. And I loved her connection to them, and nature in general. How she longed for it all when she was stuck inside. She was not a city girl, and that never changed. But I am getting ahead of things.

The book was told through first person and it worked so well, it was also as if she told the story looking back at things. The story flowed and it was hard to put down, I really needed to know how Florrie's life would turn out. her voice was lovely.

Because we all know there will be sadness. She is an orphan living with her gran. Then she finds out she is related to the mighty Grace family and they want her back. A notorious family, and not a kind one. Well there were a few kind ones, but still those years will not be easy. From rich to poor. From her beloved countryside to stiff London where you can not go out. But there will also be love, but this is not a romance, I will leave you with that.

There are sure some interesting characters in this one, good ones, bad ones, rotten ones, strange ones. And as for Florrie, she stays true to herself, and I liked that. Through good and bad, and at last, finding her own destiny.

This would make a great tv-series btw, I'd watch it. Do you hear me Britain?

Conclusion:
A story you can not put down.

Cover
nice

Paperback, 544 pages
Expected publication: June 30th 2016 by Quercus Publishing
Historical fiction
For review

31 comments:

  1. Sounds good!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious now about the not a romance love...I can't image how she felt not only due to the change in circumstance and expected behavior but losing her moors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is love, just, it's not a romance

      Delete
  3. Aww I love this type of muraclelike situation. And the moors - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This novel doesn't seem to have that kind of romance! I might check it out still tho! :)
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as it comes to BBC America, then fine. ;) LOL Oh very curious about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my genre but definitely sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this too and so happy you did as well. You've given it a great review. I laughed at your "Do you hear me Britain?" and so agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Right! It so needs to be a series

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Sweet...well...not so much, but at times

      Delete
  9. Gotta read this one here! I love books with moors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds lovely, even if this is not a genre a usually read. Though I do love books that make you think, wow, this would make for great television.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking you know a BBC drama, yes you know the type :)

      Delete
  11. Reminds me of an old-style romantic suspense the way you describe her telling the story in retrospect. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah, a BBC drama! Like Downtown Abbey but set in earlier era!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know if you are being sarcastic...

      Delete
  13. LOL IDK about this personally. Thanks for sharing and happy Sunday....I am finally 100% awake! ;D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP