Tuesday 19 July 2016

Lonen's War - Jeffe Kennedy

Alone in her tower, Princess Oria has spent too long studying her people’s barbarian enemies, the Destrye—and neglected the search for calm that will control her magic and release her to society. Her restlessness makes meditation hopeless and her fragility renders human companionship unbearable. Oria is near giving up. Then the Destrye attack, and her people’s lives depend on her handling of their prince…

When the cornered Destrye decided to strike back, Lonen never thought he’d live through the battle, let alone demand justice as a conqueror. And yet he must keep up his guard against the sorceress who speaks for the city. Oria’s people are devious, her claims of ignorance absurd. The frank honesty her eyes promise could be just one more layer of deception.

Fighting for time and trust, Oria and Lonen have one final sacrifice to choose… before an even greater threat consumes them all. 

My thoughts:
I did not really know who to root for at first. The Barbarian Horde was all kill them all! BUT they claimed that they had been attacked first. As for the people of Dara I only had Oria's opinion and she had no idea why they were attacking. Except for them being barbarians. So I was not too happy about the Destrye to be honest. And not at all when things comes to pass later on.

It's not a fantasy romance, there is not an inch of romance in it. But I guess there will be in coming books. Cos duh, you read the blurb and think that they will hook up. But he keeps thinking of someone else and I am so not down with that. But then he thinks of Oria too, and I am all no you didn't! It did not really make me love Lonen. He has to prove himself in book 2 if he is gonna win me over. He does better himself, but in another way it just makes it all worse.

Oh and you should see him go all but she said! Oh man, she is not the ruler of this place. Silly little Destrye. You will see.

As for Oria's family, they do not show that much redeeming traits. Maybe the city really should burn.

I have no idea where I am , let me see. Oria aka stuck in a cover, can't use the magic she should, never leaves said tower. And Lonen the barbarian who goes all I trust her.

Fighting. Trying to make peace. Inviting trouble. The foundation for the whole city cracking...

Conclusion:
It was an interesting story, there are some...things I would like to learn more of. The romance part seemed utterly doomed and hope not. I'd like some romance, maybe some happy banter too.

ebook, 233 pages
Expected publication: July 19th 2016 by Brightlynx Publishing
Romantic fantasy Sorcerous Moons #1
For a review

23 comments:

  1. Hmmm... interesting. I am a huge fan of Jeffe's work, so I know I'll get it and read it, but probably not until all the books are out if the romance isn't well developed yet. I love Jeffe's ability to weave a wonderful love story into an amazing fantasy tale, so I bet it will happen over the course of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I'd do without ANY romance whatsoever, but I do love the cover. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always two sides to the story. It's what makes good books into great books. If the author is able to convince you which side you'll be on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He better work for it in book 2!!
    I'm really digging that cover and I hope there's more of a romance in the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm. Not sure about Lonen. Hope he wins you over in book two!!!! Sounds like he has a little work to do on that front:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, sounds complicated. I do like the cover and it really suggests a romance. Maybe they will get it on in the next book, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT??? not an inch of romance?? False advertisement with that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope he proves himself in the next book on the romance aspect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm...sounds interesting but I would have issues with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually prefer a "romantic fantasy" with less or no romance, with set up for romantic content in the future. I need a good foundation in order to care about the characters before I can care about their relationship!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer no romance...omg I know right, but I like my fantasy without romance. I do read fantasy romance, but deep down, I want it without. I am so strange ;)

      Delete
  11. Sounds like something I would like, romance with no romance. ;) But the romance to come.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds good..and now I want to know if they hook up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of this series or author but I love a good fantasy so I'll have to check this one out soon. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say start with her other series, that one is stronger :)

      Delete
  14. I've read Jeffe Kennedy's other fantasy series, The Twelve Kingdoms. That series is a true fantasy romance with a new couple in each book. I do want to read this book.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that would make me not love him all that much too. I'd be upset with the lack of romance :/

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP