Tuesday 23 August 2016

Lessons in French - Laura Kinsale

Trevelyan and Callie are childhood sweethearts with a taste for adventure, until the fateful day her father discovers them embracing in the carriage house and, in a furious frenzy, drives Trevelyan away in disgrace. Nine long, lonely years later, Trevelyan returns. Callie discovers that he can still make her blood race and fill her life with excitement, but he can't give her the one thing she wants more than anything--himself.

For Trevelyan, Callie is a spark of light in a world of darkness and deceit. Before he can bear to say his last goodbyes, he's determined to sweep her into one last, fateful adventure, just for the two of them. 

My thoughts:
Trev and Callie had a thing when they were teens, then he left for 10 years and she was left at the altar a lot, and is now less than a wallflower. Will they ever meet again? Well of course they will and...

He is rich and handsome.
She is a nobody, but does have a big dowry. She also likes bulls.
He may have secrets.
She lives with her cousin and his wife.

They flirt, and how fun they have at it. They way they talked to each other, aye, they were perfect, but those silly idiots! Argghhh, he is all no I can't, and she is all, never mind. Stupid idiots, you two belong together.

BUT, the last 150 pages were like so long, too long, so unnecessary, it could all have been wrapped up in 50 pages. So yes it dragged at the end, I was all, why just not wrap it up? New things happened it was strange. Just end it so we can get that HEA.

Good, even if the end was too long.


Mass Market Paperback, 480 pages
Published January 26th 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Historical romance
Library


29 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute story, even if the ending did drag a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well. The HEA is always a good reason to read a story - even if it was unnecessary long. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my HEA, but do not drag it out

      Delete
  3. I hate when the ending gets dragged out like that. You know what's going to happen but you have to wait for them to catch up lol

    Sounds cute though.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like they were almost there and then stuff started to happen to stop them

      Delete
  4. A full-length novel that should have been a novella? It sounds cute so I'll probably read it (I think it's on my kindle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a novella, but if it had been 150 pages shorter it would still have been 300 pages

      Delete
  5. Those romance authors sure know how to drag the wait for that HEA, huh? I like the sound of this one and I'm curious about her love for bulls. Where did that come from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl, that was weird, I admit to that. She was all, awww my bull, I love him!

      Delete
  6. Oh man, I've read a couple of books recently that just would not freaking end. I've had this book on my TBR for ages but have never really been excited about it. I should just give it a go cause it sounds good even with the dragged on ending.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was still good, it could just have ended sooner ;)

      Delete
  7. LOL! I love your reviews. Sounds like these two need a kick up theirs butts. I don't like the dragging, but it does seem like a cute read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol'ed at "Stupid idiots, you two belong together."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Yup, bulls. She even shows bulls at farmers markets

      Delete
  10. I tried reading this one a couple years back but I was in a reading slump at the time and DNF, but I have been meaning to pick it up again, maybe in audio this time since I do like this author quite a bit. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that, it was different somehow

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed this one a few years back so don't remember much about it but I see I did give it 4 stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes those great books are not very memorable in the end

      Delete
  12. I hate when a story drags so I doubt I'll pick this up but great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah too bad the last part was too long but why not!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 150 is 3 hours of reading for me. Baah too long!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP