Wednesday 8 February 2017

Calamity - Brandon Sanderson

When Calamity lit up the sky, the Epics were born. David’s fate has been tied to their villainy ever since that historic night. Steelheart killed his father. Firefight stole his heart. And now Regalia has turned his closest ally into a dangerous enemy.

David knew Prof’s secret, and kept it even when Prof struggled to control the effects of his Epic powers. But facing Obliteration in Babilar was too much. Once the Reckoners’ leader, Prof has now embraced his Epic destiny. He’s disappeared into those murky shadows of menace Epics are infamous for the world over, and everyone knows there’s no turning back. . .

But everyone is wrong. Redemption is possible for Epics—Megan proved it. They’re not lost. Not completely. And David is just about crazy enough to face down the most powerful High Epic of all to get his friend back. Or die trying. 

My thoughts:
I am having I have nothing to say day *yawns* I am out-reviewed. But let's try it.

Last book in the series, The prof is now a high epic. David and the gang want to save the world from Epics. Calamity is an epic. Stuff is going down!

I read it fast, it was an easy read. I like the world he created, but then Sanderson is always good with worlds. I liked that we finally met Calamity, ohhhhhh. I liked the twist with firefight and David for that matter too.

Conclusion:
It was a good end to this series, but then it is Sanderson, and hey, he is a great writer.

Though, I totally wish he could focus on one series at a time, how many am I reading?! Like a million.

Cover
boring

Hardcover, 432 pages
Published February 18th 2016 by Gollancz
Reckoners #3
YA/Dystopia
Own

34 comments:

  1. A series book is difficult to review especially if each book is consistent and the author is good and really that's all that needs to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do need to try his books one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard when an author has too many series going at the same time. I feel like that with Eve Langlais.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't tried his books but I don't even know where to start. I think some books are YA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is YA, then he has another YA series with just one book out, and one MG

      Delete
  5. Sanderson is such a machine. I haven't read any of his books yet (I was planning to start Mistborn but everyone bugged me to read the Wheel of Time and I got deep into it, so I had to postpone)

    He writes faster than I can read, damnit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love WOT! And it will take some time to get to his books there, lol.

      Delete
  6. I so need to start his books. I've only read one and need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* I want to get back to his books and read this series one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is frustrating when you can't find the words to review a book. Or like there's not much to say besides how great it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the words just slip out of reach

      Delete
  9. this is Sanderson? why is the cover so crappy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I think this is the UK one..or was it the opposite

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed this book...until the ending. I don't know why Sanderson always seems to stumble on his series conclusions :\

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, I kept waiting and waiting for that big reveal and then it was all over so quickly. Rather clumsy yes

      Delete
  11. I didn't about this one but I really enjoyed the books by the author so I should try more

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sanderson is a good author to read...very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad this one ended well. I've been putting it off because I was afraid. I didn't like the last book as much as the first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes its hard to think of stuff to say....I'm having issues with this one book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to give more of Sanderson's books a chance...I just find that his female characters are a bit subpar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yet another incomplete series in my shelves. Someday, someday.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP