Friday 13 October 2017

Duke of Desire - Elizabeth Hoyt

Refined, kind, and intelligent, Lady Iris Jordan finds herself the unlikely target of a diabolical kidnapping. Her captors are the notoriously evil Lords of Chaos. When one of the masked-and nude!-Lords spirits her away to his carriage, she shoots him . . . only to find she may have been a trifle hasty.

Cynical, scarred, and brooding, Raphael de Chartres, the Duke of Dyemore, has made it his personal mission to infiltrate the Lords of Chaos and destroy them. Rescuing Lady Jordan was never in his plans. But now with the Lords out to kill them both, he has but one choice: marry the lady in order to keep her safe.

Much to Raphael's irritation, Iris insists on being the sort of duchess who involves herself in his life-and bed. Soon he's drawn both to her quick wit and her fiery passion. But when Iris discovers that Raphael's past may be even more dangerous than the present, she falters. Is their love strong enough to withstand not only the Lords of Chaos but also Raphael's own demons? 

My thoughts:
I wanted their story when it was mentioned in the previous books how he watched her.

And here we are, and omg...I mean there are scarred heroes and then there are scarred heroes with some really big issues.

Raphael saves Iris from the Lords of Chaos and marries her to protect her. First the Lords are some crazy evil creeps. Rapist, pedos, murders, sadist. They really need to be wiped out. Raphael's dad was the leader and now he is out to destroy them. So yes, it is quite obvious that something happened and that is why he want them all gone...but what? And why does he have that big scar. I knew the answer would be bad, and so it was. No wonder he has a chip the size of Everest on his shoulders.

But Iris falls for him, and he tries to keep away (yes yes they are married, but hey the Lords wants to rape and kill her. He just wants to protect her, just not get close.)

Not a lot happen in a way. They talk. Someone is after her. And at last the Lords of Chaos will be brought down. I just hope they stay down.

It was hard to warm up to him, mostly because there is dark and then there is dark. Poor guy, I did want to hug him further into the book.

Now the question is, will there be more? What is next?

Cover
Nope


Kindle Edition, 300ish
Expected publication: October 17th 2017 by Grand Central Publishing
Maiden Lane #12
Historical romance
NetGalley


23 comments:

  1. wow book 12! I hope you'll have more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind on this series, need to binge listen to them or something

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounded very confusing, then I understood why as soon as I saw that it was book 12!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still works as a stand alone though, if one focuses on the romance ;)

      Delete
  4. I have this one as well, and I've loved the rest of the series so I have expectations, but it sounds like the hero isn't so lovable. :/ Hoping I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will like this one too, he is just really messed up

      Delete
  5. Been a while since I read one of her books and I haven't read any from this series. I think I'd have to be in the right mood for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds like a hero I would like...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked this one, although the hero here is probably one of the darkest that this author has written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I saw this was the end of the series. So sad if so. Yes, very broken. And terrible cover. Not the right hair, no scars, meh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So... my thoughts exactly. I was so excited for their story when I read the last book. But he was just too dark.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP