Tuesday 19 April 2016

Cuff Me - Lauren Layne

Vincent Moretti is one of the NYPD's top homicide detectives-and one of the most eligible bachelors in town. His family, however, thinks he should date his longtime partner, Jill-a sassy, sexy, smart-mouthed blonde who drives him absolutely crazy.

Behind the quiet authority, tough-guy demeanor, and dark aviator glasses lies a man with a big soul-and a hard body that can soften any girl's heart. After years as his coworker, Jill Henley has given up hope that anything could happen between her and Vin. Besides, loving him would break all the rules. But seeing Jill with someone else triggers feelings in Vincent he never knew he had. Now he'll have to stop playing good cop/bad cop-and find a way to convince her to be his partner for life. . . 

My thoughts:
Vin and Jill has been partners for years, and they are both idiots. His family loves her. He obviously has feelings for her, and she for him. But this is the story of two idiots who can not see what is in front of them. And hey, that is the fun part!!

Vin, aww, I did not know how guarded he was at first. But he, awww, he was a sweetie. He so wanted but did not dare.

Jill just wants love and would settle for second best. But I get it and why she went for the nice guy who proposed, but the guy that did not rock her socks off.

The book is about the dance between these two. And there is the murder case they are investigated, made me think of Castle. Not that they are alike but you get the point.

Conclusion:
A good romance that takes time. A good mystery to solve. And it did make me want to read more about this family. 

Paperback, 384 pages
Published March 29th 2016 by Forever
New York's Finest #3
Contemporary romance
NG

37 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read despite the fact that these two have blinders on when it comes to one another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been the biggest fan of this series though I really enjoy Layne's novels. Might have to return and give this one a try, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first ;) But I did hear book 2 was meh

      Delete
  3. I like a good mystery and a romance that takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idiots! lol SOunds like it turned out well though.


    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it's a very nice romance, but the title made me think something much spicier was going on! Glad it was fun.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two idiots, you say? They sound like a match made in heaven. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first sentence of your review! I haven't ever read anything by this author, though based on the title alone I would probably pick it up if I came across it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;)
      It looked fun so I picked it up, I do like trying new romance authors

      Delete
  8. Okay I like the sound of this one, putting it on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Idiots! Well yes, that sounds frustrating, but at least they had other good qualities to redeem them. Yay for a Castle mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;)
      That they had, they were good kids, just scared

      Delete
  10. A good romance and a good mystery, that's nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read this series, but I just bought Blurred Lines and will probably read it first. Glad you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This series is on my wishlist. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to try this series, and her other one as well. It seems these books barely have a wait time between them. I may just wait until she's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guy on the cover can cuff me.....hehehe *wicked smile*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is on my wishlist, so I am glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really liked him but OMG it took for freaking EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha... I saw the title only and thought "what is Linda doing reading BDSM?!"

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP