Wednesday 27 April 2016

Eidolon - Grace Draven

In a bid for more power, the Shadow Queen of Haradis has unleashed a malignant force into the
world. Her son Brishen, younger prince of the Kai royal house, suddenly finds himself ruler of a kingdom blighted by a diseased darkness and on the brink of war. His human wife Ildiko must decide if she will give up the man she loves in order to secure his throne. 

Three enemy kingdoms must unite to save each other, and a one-eyed, reluctant king must raise an army of the dead to defeat an army of the damned.

A tale of alliance and sacrifice.

My thoughts:
I have meant to write this review since yesterday, but I kind of just wanted to say squee, and let that be it.

Book 1 was just awesome, it made me snort, and I loved how they got to know each other. She saw past him looking like a dead eel with scary teeth, and he looked past her looking like a boiled mollusk. Awww, they are so sweet. Him calling her a hag, and she calling him, yes good times :D

She is human, he is not. They made an alliance. And now the country is falling apart cos of mummy dearest. Monsters are everywhere.

So this one is not really centered on the romance, more on the what the F will be do!? Everyone is gonna die!!!! And a bit of romance, as, oh it had me worried. Think about it, she is human, he is not. Others are not always happy with her.

The feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels!

What I like about this one is the the lightness, the humour, the banter between them (and two others that had me giggling). The world, the feel of it. Aye, I enjoyed this one.

But I hear the next one is about another couple, which make me sad in a way. I'd love to read more, and I wish, I wish that one thing could be possible between them. That does make me sad.

But I am also happy that there will be more, and the next couple will be a hoot.

It feels like I jumped from one to the next in this review ;)

Conclusion;
Just read it

Cover
ok

ebook, 240 pages
Published April 18th 2016 by Grace Draven
Wraith Kings #2
Fantasy romance
Own

35 comments:

  1. AHHH! I loved book one so much! I didn't realize this was out yet, I can't wait for more of these two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good!! I love when the characters banter well with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that you liked it! I dl it the other day. I loved the first one.


    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is a breath of fresh air. It sounds terrific. I am always a fan of antagonistic romances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Yes ma'am. :) It does sound like a good book and one that I would totally enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully they will give this couple a bit of a look in. Love books with humour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I think i can do this! Not a fan of the cover, though. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it :) Though he should be freakier

      Delete
  8. I've only read her book Master of Crows, but yes, I love the way she writes couples and relationships. I'd love to read more by her!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I'm must read these. Haha, the things they call each other. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! They sound like quite the pair, and I love good banter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this one sounds amazing. I loved the first book as well and I am very eager to read this one. Love this pair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice review! I love the sound of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, when I first read Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series which the first three books are about the same couple and then it started changing couples, I was disappointed, but then I loved the other couples too. Chances are, this couple will still be in the story, so it isn't like you won't get them at all. This sounds really good. I'm adding book one to my TBR.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the new heroine is this hero's cousin then I am sure we will see them :)

      Delete
  14. I swore I commented on this...unless it was on my blog? So confused. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just read it after the first one?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh hopefully the next couple is just as awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just saw this book on Amazon or somewhere and thought it looked familiar. It was because of you reviewing the first book, I think. Glad you liked it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP