Tuesday 26 April 2016

Firefight - Brandon Sanderson

They told David it was impossible--that even the Reckoners had never killed a High Epic. Yet, Steelheart--invincible, immortal, unconquerable--is dead. And he died by David's hand. 

Eliminating Steelheart was supposed to make life more simple. Instead, it only made David realize he has questions. Big ones. And there's no one in Newcago who can give him the answers he needs. 

Babylon Restored, the old borough of Manhattan, has possibilities, though. Ruled by the mysterious High Epic, Regalia, David is sure Babylon Restored will lead him to what he needs to find. And while entering another city oppressed by a High Epic despot is a gamble, David's willing to risk it. Because killing Steelheart left a hole in David's heart. A hole where his thirst for vengeance once lived. Somehow, he filled that hole with another Epic--Firefight. And he's willing to go on a quest darker, and more dangerous even, than the fight against Steelheart to find her, and to get his answers. 

My thoughts:
Ok..I am gonna be totally honest. This book is good, but not...Sanderson awesome. We all know his works are awesome (and if you do not then you should read them all!)

He still creates this awesome world with some humans having superpowers and going crazy with power and bloodlust. The earth is pretty much a wasteland, the Epics rule and destroy. He knows how to create a cool world.

Just, it's YA. Hey, before you say anything, yes of course I know it a YA series, it's still Sanderson, it is still a good book!. It's just not you know his fantasy amazing ones... I do love his fantasy ones.

And of course I would walk on glass to read book 3 at once. What?! It's SANDERSON!

But...it's not Sanderson epic.

I have issues.

I have said nothing about the story *headdesk*

They are gonna kill an EPIC. NY is flooded. Bad guys. Meghan. All is well. What oops, revelations! 

Conclusion:
Good

Cover
meh

Paperback, 416 pages
Published November 12th 2015 by Gollancz (first published January 6th 2015)
Reckoners #2
YA / Dystopia superhero
Own

33 comments:

  1. The cover could've been more creative than that I suppose. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% agree on that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I have yet to experience the Sanderson awesome. *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get to the library try one of his books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to try his books but he has so many. Probably shouldn't start with YA books...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww hope the next one is epic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing wrong with a good YA book with what sounds like an amazing hero!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a typical YA fantasy. Maybe not for me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it is still Sanderson. So I would keep going too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite book of the series! Now I'm really curious to see what you'll think of book three and whether or not you'll be as weirded out by the ending as I was...

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get what you're saying. We all have those authors that are held to a higher standard. :) So even less than usual is still really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah yes this author is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love this author and your right...he is brilliant when it comes to fantasy. but I am not a big fan of YA.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess I need to try this author, just maybe not his YA stuff to start. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to keep up with this series! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP