Saturday 30 April 2016

#FitReaders Check-In: April 29, 2016 and It's in his kiss review

#FitReaders is hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog  and That’s What I’m Talking About.
Join in!


Sun I spent 2 hours at the garden/food/book fair. Let's count that as a 30 min walk. Since yeah I mostly walked.
Mon 4 km bike. 30 min walk
Tue 8 km bike. 1 h workout class
Wed 4 km bike, 1 h walk
Thu 4 km bike. 30 min walk
Fri 1.20 h walk, 4 km bike
Sat 1 h walk

It snowed again. Then it melted away. The days are getting longer :D

.............................

Who do you turn to when things go wrong?
Your best friend. Obviously.

Sephy King’s worked flat-out to make her new lingerie business a success, only there’s a tiny snag – the marketing photos for the launch party are a disaster.

Luke Jackson will help her, won’t he? They just need to strip off, model gorgeous, sexy underwear together and take more photos! So what if the stunning body he’s been hiding makes Sephy’s eyes pop out? And when he holds her, she suddenly wishes they were in her bedroom…alone? He’s her best friend.

Then Luke asks Sephy for a return favour: to pose as his fake fiancée to get his parents temporarily off his back. It’s a risky strategy – but she’s sure she can pull it off.

Until he kisses her…

My thoughts:
Luke and Sophy are best friends. Then she asks him to pose with her..in their underwear, and suddenly all they can think of is sex. Yup, that happened fast. All he can think about, all day long, all night long.

I did like their friendship, and how sweet he was with her kid. But I could not really see these two as lovers, they lacked chemistry. It felt a bit forced at times. How they suddenly wanted each other and could not think of anything else.

And Sophy was so, I know I want to hit characters over the head a lot, but Sophy, sheesh woman, take the help they are offering!!! That stupid woman would rather be homeless than ask for help. That is not being brave and doing it on your own. That is being a stupid cow.

So their dance is mostly them being stupid. Well, not Luke, I liked him, I understood his issues, but hers, nah. Not hers.

Meh

Kindle Edition, 241 pages
Published April 21st 2016 by HarperImpulse
Romantic fiction
NG

34 comments:

  1. It's always so pretty in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha book sounds good. Love the posing in the underwear idea! You always inspire me with your exercise each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you're still getting snow! We've got our air conditioner on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes nothing strange about that here :) Happens in May too

      Delete
  4. So you know I follow you on IG. All that nature, that's your "backyard"? Damn, do you live in fucking Narnia?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Hehe, I wish.
      The sad thing is that they want more houses here so they already destroyed one trail

      Delete
  5. I saw that first photo in instagram - oh my goodness it's so beautiful!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures from your walks!

    Oh my, she does sound like a twit not to take help. Oh well at least it sounds fun in the blurb. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, look at the colors in that sky of yours, Linda! So beautiful it takes your breath away, my friend... I feel that old jealousy coming on again about you living in the prettiest place on Earth (mewants too!!!) :D Well, I see that the newly-fallen snow has not slowed you down in the slightest... I swear you've got the discipline and the stamina of a world champion! :) Keep up the good work! The book sounds interesting, though I can understand your gripe - knowing when to ask for & accept help is just another strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you always write the sweetest comments :D
      Awww now I do feel like I live in a wonderful place...I could take some of that azur blue ocean that some have though ;)

      Delete
  8. ah difficult when it's like that. It's quite warm here, like 20°C, we're waiting to see when it's possible to go swin in the sea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope that's the last of the snow. Yay for the days getting longer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the friends turned lovers theme, but not if it seems forced.
    And such gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had gorgeous pics on instagram this week!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh what pretty pictures you shared!! Great job on all that walking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love your pictures and you do so well with your walking. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how disappointing that the book was meh. It sounds so cute! I love friends - to - lovers books.

    Glad you are getting longer days. It snowed here last week too! BOO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely :D Almost 10.30 and still light, yaaay. So nice after a long dark winter

      Delete
  15. Looks like you had a good week walking and biking. I love the photos.

    The book doesn't sound like one I'll pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! You are still getting snow. Wow, I don't think I could take it. lol. I like my warm weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now we finally have warm weather, and it is nice

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP