Tuesday 3 May 2016

Camp Alien - Gini Koch

The Mastermind may be outed, but Kitty & Company don't get any downtime. In addition to having to recover from Operation Epidemic quickly, the sudden reappearance of a minor adversary long-forgotten turns out to only be the tip of a deadly iceberg that could end up causing or World war 3...

My thoughts:
I do still love Kitty but....the first 300 pages were mostly talk, people saying whatevs and totes. Jeff saying Baby in every sentence (it creeps me out) and I was glad when he was not around much cos no, not sexy.

The next 300 pages started to pick up some action when Kitty goes to find her missing people. Of course the biggest thing I thought would happen was like 50 pages, the whole Camp David thing. That actually could have been longer.

When you love something so much, then well you can complain. And for me this book could have been shorter. Half of it was a filler where Kitty showed how her brain works. Also I wanted more of the others, these are getting really Kitty oriented. Also way too many people around these days. Also, I want a big ass war now. Give me a showdown with the Zporrah...fine, it's coming but I want it now.

When you are a book 13 the danger of fillers do come around, and I get that soooo much has to be talked about. Jeff is after all the president now.

Conclusion:
I still enjoyed it and read it really fast, but I do think that if there are too many fillers in the future, then...

Cover 
Sure it looks good, but I miss Dos Santos

Paperback, 544 pages
Expected publication: May 3rd 2016 by DAW
Katherine "Kitty" Katt #13
Urban fantasy
For review

31 comments:

  1. Hello and have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a series have marked as wanting to try, and yep all long series have those filler or bridge books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read the first book. I get kind of turned off when series go on this long. I always wonder if the author can be up the tension and interest.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. The author looks familiar, I think I have one of her books on my TBR. Hope the next one isn't full of fillers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dislike fillers, even with my favorite series it irritates me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every series has them, even my favs :(

      Delete
  6. I like baby. Lol. That is, I like it when my husband calls me baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But does it to it in every sentence when you are speaking? I can take one in a convo but all the time is too much

      Delete
  7. Calling someone baby is just as bad as cooling someone Daddy. >_> "Babe" is acceptable but in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really tired of Ranger's babe by now

      Delete
  8. Every time I turn around, she seems to be releasing another one of these Kitty "Alien" books. I should really check them out one day.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. A 'baby' now and then is fine, but is annoying when it's overused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do now and now, just not like 10 times in a convo

      Delete
  10. I've not started this series yet, but I do know what you mean about a series having the middle books that get ponderous and slow. Yes, a good war to cleanse the palette would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm pity about the fillers, sounds like it's action you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read this series. I'll have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "baby" I do not like that endearment, especially when used too often.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! These books just keep coming and coming!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP