Monday 2 May 2016

Shifting Shadows - Patricia Briggs

Mercy Thompson’s world just got a whole lot bigger…

A collection of all-new and previously published short stories featuring Mercy Thompson, and the characters she calls friends…

Includes the new stories…
“Silver”
“Roses in Winter”
“Redemption”
“Hollow”

My thoughts:
Some good, some meh, like all anthologies then ;)

“Silver”
I always loved Sam, I did want Sam and Mercy to be together. I know I know, he was desperate and she and Adam was so meant to be.
Back to the story....this is about Sam way way back when he was trapped by his evil grandmother and met Ariana for the first time.


Roses in Winter”
A story about Asil and Kara. This was a good one. And we got Bran! Any story with Bran is a good one ;)

“Redemption”
I really like Ben. He is funny in his scary weird way.

“Hollow
Mercy hunts a ghost.

“Fairy Gifts”
Since I did just read the last book I had Thomas and Margaret in mind. But the best part was the FInnish mythology

“Gray”
Some vamp and a ghost. Meh

“Alpha and Omega”
I re-read it. I remember not liking it the first time, and it did take me until book 3 to like this couple But suddenly this time around the story of how Charles and Anna met was so good.

“Seeing Eye”
I had totally forgotten this one even though I just read it...not a good sign

“The Star of David”
A wolf helps his daughter.

“In Red, with Pearls”
Warren does some investigating. Good but still eh

Conclusion:
Made me want to re-read the series

Hardcover, 450 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by Ace
Mercy Thompson 0.1/0.6/0.8/1.5/4.5/5.5/7.4, Mercy Thompson World - Complete, Alpha & Omega 0.1, 0.5 .....
Urban fantasy
Own

44 comments:

  1. I'm generally not a fan of anthologies, but this one was above average. Briggs usually is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Like all anthologies, there were some I loved and some that were just okay, but I do so love this world:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got bored with this series at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this anthology and yes, I did want to re-read the books after this so I didn't have to leave these character behind. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even want to read the one that made me cry...that one was intense

      Delete
  6. This was a good book, for an anthology. My favorite was Roses in Winter - OMG I almost cried. But then there were also a couple stories that didn't do it for me at all, I can't even remember them.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was so good, Asil and Kara, that pulled on the heartstrings

      Delete
  7. I liked the Ben one, and look forward to seeing how he transforms himself. It's happening a little each book. When reading Fire Touched, I wanted to go back and read the short about Thomas and Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like overall an okay anthology. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm surprised you didn't like Alpha and Omega the first time around. I totally was hooked into that series with that novella. This looks good and a meh novella by her is okay by me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so meh for me, it really took me to book 3! to like the series

      Delete
  10. I really am not an anthology type of girl. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like some good stories here

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this anthology and was so impressed with myself to make the correlation to Thomas in this story when I read Fire Touched.

    I was pondering a reread of books when I read this one, too. Alas...no time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so want to read this one

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes you are right an anthology is generally a mixture and on the whole I avoid them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asil's story was my favorite in this book. I agree that some were better than others. I liked spending time with more of the secondary characters. I liked Ben's story too.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was strange cos I too liked to spend more time with the side characters :) They were awesome

      Delete
  16. I have never heard of this series but the books sound interesting. Thanks for bringing these books to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  17. But it made you want to read the series again - so that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't tell Mercy and Adam but I actually like Alpha & Omega more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm only 2 books into the MT series, but I'm loving it so far. I'm sure I'll grab this anthology one day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh! I like when authors put all short stories in one book. :) Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Ben! And need to do all of her shorts still.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This made me want to reread the entire series, too. CHARLES! BRAN!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP