Tuesday 12 July 2016

Mr Darcy's pride and joy - Monica Fairview

Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet are engaged at last, and Mr. Darcy is preparing to take out a special licence to get married quickly. But, just when everything seems to be going just right, he encounters opposition from an unexpected quarter. Then, when his engagement is announced – to someone else – Elizabeth, understandably, begins to doubt his sincerity.

Perhaps their love is doomed after all… 

Find out more in this third part of the Darcy Novels series, a Pride and Prejudice variation. 

My thoughts:
"Perhaps their love is doomed after all… "
The blurb does say it all. Poor Lizzy and Darcy, they do have to struggle. But that is why I like variations, they have to work a bit to get it right ;)

Darcy is simply wonderful in this one, he does not back down even though there is setback after setback. And even another engagement! But he loves her so, awwww. And do not worry about the engagement, there is something fishy going on.

And Lizzy shows her strength too. She refuses to believe anything bad about him when those setbacks comes around. She fights for him and wants to prove herself.

It's part of a series, and book 2 did end happily, but a lot can happen before you get engaged as we will see in this one. I must say though that it works excellent as a stand alone. It's the road to their happy ending. Sure things happened before, Bingley and Jane, Wickham, and more, but it still works well like this too. But hey, the road is always the fun thing so read book 2 too ;)

Conclusion:
A lovely variation where they fight for their love.

Kindle Edition, 227 pages
Published June 25th 2016 by White Soup Press
The Darcy Novels #3
Pride and Prejudice variation
For review

29 comments:

  1. I need to try out one of these Pride and Prejudice variations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah yes, I remember you being a diehard fan of P & P retellings... Have you read Eligible yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, but the library has it. And I do prefer the historical ones, not modern re-tellings

      Delete
  3. While I am not fond of this kind of book - variations on an original - this sounds like it is done well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I know you love your Mr. Darcy stories, so I'm glad you enjoyed this one :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many P&P variations, so little time to read them...

      Delete
    2. I might have a slight obsession *whistles*

      Delete
  5. Not my kind of story but glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to re-read or skim the first two to get up to speed for this one since I'm blanking on a lot of what came before. Look forward to it especially to have a pair fight for their love through the hardships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten a lot, but that is why I felt it worked well just jumping in

      Delete
  7. I too loved this Darcy as well as this story and the series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say. You really love these retellings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness there are just so many of these. I'm amazed what you and Sophia turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed the first two books, so I can't wait to read this one. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP