Wednesday 6 July 2016

The Bloodforged - Erin Lindsey

When the war began, Lady Alix Black played a minor role, scouting at the edge of the king’s retinue in relative anonymity. Though she’s once again facing an attacking Oridian force determined to destroy all she holds dear, she is now bodyguard to the king and wife to the prince.

Still, she is unprepared for what the revival of the war will mean. Erik is willing to take drastic measures to defend his domain, even if it means sending Prince Liam into a deadly web of intrigue and traveling into the perilous wild lands of Harram himself.

Only the biggest threat to the kingdom might be one that neither Alix nor Erik could have imagined, or prepared for…

My thoughts:
This book suffered from second book syndrome. Still good, but lacking that which made book 1 so good. This book felt mostly like, well they walked around a lot, not much happened, and then they walked some more.

Alix was changed in this one. She who was a kick-ass scout was now lovesick and not so kick-ass.

I still think she and the king should have married. Liam, eh, I am not a fan, and in this one he was like a lost puppy trying to find his way.

Team Eric!

Right Liam, well he was sent to this kingdom for support. And Eric to another. Why it was not vice versa I do not know. You do not send the king to the dangerous one. 

Conclusion:
I still liked it cos it was easy to read, but at the same time....barely a 3. So barely good then. Light fantasy.

Cover
Cool

Paperback, 368 pages
Published September 29th 2015 by Ace
Bloodbound #2
Fantasy
Own

32 comments:

  1. "Barely good". That is a great summary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. :D Maybe I will feel nice next year after I have read book 3... ;)

      Delete
  3. Aww that sucks it wasn't as good as the first book. Love-sick and puppy are not how I want my characters to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it sucked that it turned out like that

      Delete
  4. I do like light fantasies. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely do not send a king to a dangerous country. I dunno. Perhaps not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear it wasn't as good as the first book. Not my type of book but thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww hope the next one is on par if not better than book one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it doesn't look like it would be light with that cover. Still, this does sound like an interesting summer fantasy read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's not light light, just light fantasy, not too much worldbuilding history or meaning

      Delete
  9. Happens sometimes :( Hopefully the next will be better for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I won the first book but for whatever reason it never made it to my house. Oh well, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I actually rated this one higher than the first one, but then I am team Liam :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bad it's not as good as book 1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, boo. Hate when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Easy to read is good, bummer about second book syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh yeah I agree about "second book syndrome" it can happen. Its so disappointing when it happens though.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP