Wednesday 10 August 2016

Austen's Independence Day - Melissa Belle

What if you don’t find your Mr. Darcy… until you’ve already lost him? 

It is universally acknowledged in the tiny town of Austen, Texas that Macey Henwood will never get married. When your hometown is obsessed with freeing Jane Austen’s ghost from the local bar, staying single feels like the only way to stay sane. 

But then Morgan Thornbrush, her lifelong best friend with benefits, gets engaged out of the blue, and it drives Macey crazy, especially when the town anoints the new couple Mr. and Mrs. Darcy. Now she’s smack in the middle of a wedding she wants no part of. From “bonding” with Morgan’s bombshell fiancé to helping him let go of their complicated past, Macey’s forced to face the truth—the perfect arrangement she had with Morgan is over. 

But when the pages of an explosive diary ignite fireworks between her and Morgan as his July fourth wedding approaches, Macey must make a life-changing decision. Can the town’s version of Mr. Darcy really be the man for her after all? 

My thoughts:
Macey and Morgan certainly needed a kick in the behind both of them.

First we have Macey who is all I will never marry! Sure your parents have a crappy marriage, so maybe you should see a therapist instead of a fortune teller. So she is the one with the chip on her shoulder. Oh and she had to care for her siblings, and the bar they owned....she really is too kind. And that is her problem.

Then we have Morgan, and we learn more about his chip on his shoulder as time goes by. Everyone seems to think he will never marry, but he, he just have hidden depths and wants more. And that I liked.

But together, sigh. Best friends, who turned into friends with benefits, and then Morgan shows up with a fiancee. Then I had a hard time liking him, because he still wanted Macey. Not cool Morgan, not cool. I know you want to move on but that was a dick move. And here is where they need that kick. Him for playing around with two, and her for thinking she can't have anyone.

But hey, if there were no drama then be book would be pretty boring wouldn't it. And it was a weird and good book. A town that has Jane Austen''s ghost prisoner and someone has to marry to get her out. True love and a lot of other stipulations. Everyone sure likes their Austen here.

Though, I did not like how Morgan was all I will marry this new girl and still flirted with Macey. We all know they are meant to be, but the road there was rocky and I would have wanted him to be less of an ahole about it.

I would forgive him in the end, but before that I would kick him in the nuts and then we would live happily ever after.

Conclusion:
Good.

Covet
The bonnet makes sense, but I was all western amish? Nope, just, it makes sense

Kindle Edition, 333 pages
Published April 21st 2016 by Autumn Ink Press
Romantic fiction
Own

32 comments:

  1. Too much! The cover, the storyline, the romance. I don't know if I can handle this book. I'm especially not a fan of Morgan showing up with a fiance. What's up with that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wanted to move on, they never had anything real anyway , and that would have been fine, but...then forget about the first one

      Delete
  2. A Jane Austen ghost! How interesting! But omg that cover cracks me up for some reason haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes - I don't think I could handle this one with the fiance and all.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of hoping Macey would just find someone else

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kick in the butt is good for anything...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like that cover. LOL! I'm not sure how I feel about Morgan and his games. He seems like a fine boy (God, did I really say fine boy?), but him wanting his cake and eating it too is just not the way to do things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird ;)
      HA, yes you did...and that makes sense, he really is a boy in that stupid game playing aspect

      Delete
  7. Not really my type of book but glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take your word for the bonnet. :) I'm not sure if it is for me with so much going on, but I'm curious about the ghost. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so confused by it, and what year it was...weird

      Delete
  9. LOL! At least it ''makes sense'' ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeppp no drama would be pretty boring lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ass kicking and nut kicking... ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guess I just have Jane Austen on my mind lately, I only saw the title of your post in my feed before I clicked on it, and thought that it might have been P&P related. Well, it does have Jane Austen's ghost, so maybe a little? LOL! This book sounds so weird, and your comments on the cover are too funny!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have her ghost :) Other than that it was not very Austen like, only her poor poor ghost

      It was like normalcy, and then a dose of weird with a ghost that was maybe or maybe not real

      Delete
  13. Eh. Not for me. Thanks for sharing! Sounds good in the theory tho!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol the cover is just so not good. Sounds like some groveling needed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ha, you had me at "A town that has Jane Austen's ghost prisoner and someone has to marry to get her out.". Sounds fun and I like the friends turned love theme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely agree----he needs to do a pretty good grovel. I like the idea of the ghost theme.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP