Tuesday 2 August 2016

Behind the throne - KB Wagers

Hail Bristol has made a name for herself in the galaxy for everything except what she was born to do: rule the Indranan Empire. 

When she is dragged back to her home planet to take her rightful place as the only remaining heir, she finds that trading her ship for a palace is her most dangerous move yet. 

My thoughts:
There were many cool things about this book. Ohh let's make a list!

First we have a kick-ass gunrunner, smart, sassy, and she is actually a runaway princess. And now heir to the throne, ohh drama!

Second it's sci-fi, which is always cool. Not so much space-ship stuff, mostly land and tech stuff (I like that)

Third, this empire is one ruled by matriarchs. Go girlpower! Of course that is not perfect either since men do not get the same chances as women, but as a storyline I love it. Women are all in charge. It's interesting.

Fourth cool thing is the culture, it's Hindu, yes other things too, but the first settlers must have been from India. As in religion, manners of speech, dress, just a nice mix of things. Of course someone who actually knows about India might not like it, but for me; this is the future. Things have surely gotten mixed up on the way there. They are on a planet far far away of course. And you have to think that other cultures have blended in too. I just liked what I got. A mix of things, where one thing showed more.

The story is, someone is after her, since her family is dead. Who wants to bring down the empire? And she will not rest until they are found. Of course now she is also to be Empress, a former gunrunner. A well known criminal. Oh I like it.

Conclusion:
Action, politics and I do look forward to the next one. She will keep the Empire on its toes.

Cover
First I was no, now I am yes


Kindle Edition, 432 pages
Expected publication: August 2nd 2016 by Orbit
The Indranan War #1
Sci-fi
NG

39 comments:

  1. Nice! Sounds like this book has a lot going for it!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The action and politics sounds intriguing in this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOH! Science fiction with Hindu culture and a badass MC? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I was a bit curious about this one. Now much more so! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit do I dare...and then I got it got NG and liked it, yay

      Delete
  6. Sounds different some of the other books in this genre. I may even contemplate checking it out. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know... sci-fi and me... well you know

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This sounds awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She sounds like a fun character!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you had me at different religion than we are used to getting as a background... and women in charge! I haven't read one like that in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just so cool, you def have to try it

      Delete
  11. Oooh. Nice! It's new to me, but I want it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sound of it, love a cool runaway princess who is kick ass.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This definitley has a lot of originality.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard so many great things about this book! Hope I can get to it soon!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay away from fantasy and sci-fi on NG cos for some reason I enjoy them more in print. But I could enjoy this one cos i was lighter :)

      Delete
  15. Definitely your kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Been a while since I read something about politics...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, I am all for some damn girl power. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP