Tuesday 9 August 2016

Talk Sweetly to me- Courtney Milan

Nobody knows who Miss Rose Sweetly is, and she prefers it that way. She’s a shy, mathematically-minded shopkeeper’s daughter who dreams of the stars. Women like her only ever come to attention through scandal. She’ll take obscurity, thank you very much.

All of England knows who Stephen Shaughnessy is. He’s an infamous advice columnist and a known rake. When he moves into the house next door to Rose, she discovers that he’s also wickedly funny, devilishly flirtatious, and heart-stoppingly handsome. But when he takes an interest in her mathematical work, she realizes that Mr. Shaughnessy isn’t just a scandal waiting to happen. He’s waiting to happen to her…and if she’s not careful, she’ll give in to certain ruination. 

My thoughts:
Rose loves math, astronomy, and she is just so smart. But she is a woman, she is not white, she is a shop keeper's daughter, but she is lucky and does the math for a professor. She does what she loves.

Stephen is a rake, he writes for a newspaper, and he falls madly and deeply in love with a woman he meets on the street. But like I said, he has a bad rep, but I just loved how he wanted to get to know her. Not bed her. To know her.

It's a novella, so duh, time moves fast. They meet again. He is so great. She will start to fall. We will have some drama, but not just about them...not gonna spoil it. And they will live happily ever after, because he is great. And she needs a man who will love her when all she thinks about is math ;)

Sweet

Cover
Not really a dress she ever wore...

Kindle Edition, 98 pages
Published August 19th 2014 by Courtney Milan
Brothers Sinister #4.5
Historical romance
Own

41 comments:

  1. This was my first Milan book that I read. So sweet!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pick up a book by Courtney Milan one of these days. I love that the heroine is not white and she's smart. The guy sounds like a great fellow too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially in that time period, not to mention England :D

      Delete
  3. Courtney Milan never disappoints for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read one of her books but this isn't my usual genre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, glad you enjoyed this one! It sounds fab, especially because it's an HEA!

    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I purchased one of her books a few years ago, but never got to it. The Duchess War is still sitting on the bottom of my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try something by Milan. I wonder if my lib has novellas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of hers yet, but I've heard all the best things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see... Unlocked, yes start with that novella

      Delete
  9. I loved this one! It's so diverse and absolutely adorable---I really wish it wasn't just a novella. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A math geek hooking up with a rake, now that is unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to have to grab this! I <3 diverse reads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah well. As long as they had an HEA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The author sounds so familiar, I might have actually read one of her books way back during my romance phase!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read it earlier this year, wish it was a full-length book instead of a novella. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah sounds perfect. What I've read by CM I've enjoyed. Pity not longer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked a book I tried in this series. I didn't know about the novella

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! Rose sounds so badass I love the fact that she's doing what she loves! <3
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds cute. And Rose sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. *waves* :D I'm so lazy commenting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've always wanted to try one of her stories. The cover is weird... is it historical? is it not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Historical, else the whole she is one color, he another would not really be this big

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP