Wednesday 3 August 2016

Vision in Silver - Anne Bishop

The Others freed the  cassandra sangue  to protect the blood prophets from exploitation, not realizing their actions would have dire consequences. Now the fragile seers are in greater danger than ever before—both from their own weaknesses and from those who seek to control their divinations for wicked purposes. In desperate need of answers, Simon Wolfgard, a shape-shifter leader among the Others, has no choice but to enlist blood prophet Meg Corbyn’s help, regardless of the risks she faces by aiding him.

Meg is still deep in the throes of her addiction to the euphoria she feels when she cuts and speaks prophecy. She knows each slice of her blade tempts death. But Others and humans alike need answers, and her visions may be Simon’s only hope of ending the conflict.

For the shadows of war are deepening across the Atlantik, and the prejudice of a fanatic faction is threatening to bring the battle right to Meg and Simon’s doorstep… 

My thoughts:
I still say let the wild ones go crazy and destroy every human settlement (well except for a few chosen ones). Humans just can't have nice things. The HFL league drives me insane in this one, it's all, fine, you can take a few shifters but do you not realise what is out there? Answer is no, silly monkeys. Die monkeys die.

Simon, awww, I do like him. He tries so hard to understand those sill humans.
Meg, I think she finally has grown on me, I was anti Meg, then Meh meh, but now, yeah, she hads grown on me. I like her. I get her.

And they should totally get it on...one day. She needs to learn how to live first. But one day, totally one day.

The plot is those idiots wanting to make war, here and overseas. Someone shows up. There are threats and action, and I am all kill the monkeys!

This might have been the best one so far, as the series slowly has grown on me. It's still not awesome, but maybe I am getting there. They have all been good, but I expected more since it was so hyped up, and you should never listen to hype. Cos I went into this series wanting best book ever, and when I got good I was disappointed. Which is silly cos Good is Good, and good makes me want to read more. 

Conclusion:
And read more I shall! I should start the next one right away don't you think?! Ok I will do that. I crave more.

Cover
Meh

Kindle Edition, 528 pages
Published March 3rd 2015 by Roc
The Others #3
Urban fantasy
Own

47 comments:

  1. LOL! Yes, to everything you said! Like I said in my review, I am team Others, so if the humans want to bring about their demise, then go right ahead. I just feel sorry for the humans that have sense because they are trying really. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the ones that are trying, so if we must keep some humans, then maybe we can keep those...maybe, ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this series! So glad you're enjoying it, especially Simon and Meg! I need the next book ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read book 4 just after this one and now I sure need more

      Delete
  3. Yay! So glad you're enjoying this series! I'm very ready for Simon and Meg to get together, but you're right that she needs to learn how to live:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this series but I'm also getting kind of aggravated. I HATE the humans. HATE. I don't get why anyone is trying to save them lol

    And I adore Meg & Simon.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read book 4 so damn I HATE THEM SO MUCH: DIE MONKEYS DIE

      Delete
  5. Everyone is loving this series and I have yet to start it. I needs to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me kind of kick myself for not starting any of her books yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a very interesting story line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you are enjoying this series more and more, it is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol!! You summed up exactly how I felt while reading this one. "And they should totally get it on...one day" YESSSS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like it could be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yassss. I love this one. And yah those HFL morons are idiots who are going to get what's coming to them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a reader who loves this series (or should I say listener.) I'm glad that Meg is growing on you. I do understand how hype can cause issues. I haven't done well with books that are hyped a lot before I start to read them. I started this series right before book two cam out. The humans in this series are evil. I hate them. I can't wait to see how it ends.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One should never listen to hype, it spoils even great books cos you always expect like best book ever written.

      Stupid humans, haha, you should see my review later today ;)

      Delete
  13. Excellent review! I did not care for her Black Jewels series, but I ate this one up!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that one sitting on my shelf...but have not read it yet

      Delete
  14. Glad Meg is growing on you, I don't care about hype but I have loved this series so far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I always get a bit nervous over the super hyped books...usually I end up disappointed. But good to know the series here improves over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you'd love it at once, I am just weird

      Delete
  16. I need to start this series!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Die monkeys die" - lol! I love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good is good :) Hope you love the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have very similar feelings to you on this series. Everyone hyped it up so much. I felt the first two were interesting, but not spectacular (some of that came from the narrator, whom I wasn't overly fond of). Also, the second book was so dark. This third one had some great moments and I liked seeing all the bits come together. The HFL stuff was soooooo aggravating, but it's meant to be. This one changed my feelings for the series, making me more excited to read the next (which I loved).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most seemed to love it from the start, so I am glad to hear I was not alone. Good, but yeah not great. And then they got better, and better to culminate in book 4 :D

      Delete
  20. So many people have loved this series. I may have the first book here somewhere. I Do want to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. "Die monkeys die!" LOL I'm totally behind that, love this series!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP